2nd Generation This includes all Eclipses, and Talons built from 1995-1999

getting the most out of an automatic tranny???

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2006, 11:10 PM
Default getting the most out of an automatic tranny???

I have a 99 GS and I have two questions. What is the proper way to race with an auto tranny to get the most out of it???? Does anybody make anything like a chip or something that improves shifting and all that good stuff????

Old 07-25-2006, 11:17 PM
Default RE: getting the most out of an automatic tranny???

ORIGINAL: slvr_eclipse

I have a 99 GS and I have two questions. What is the proper way to race with an auto tranny to get the most out of it???? Does anybody make anything like a chip or something that improves shifting and all that good stuff????
uhm you should save up for a Gs-t or a Gsx beacause the N/a engine is not worth building really...........

Old 07-26-2006, 12:20 AM

Im not refering to the motor in this thread

Old 07-26-2006, 01:09 AM

ORIGINAL: BrunoBoy650

uhm you should save up for a Gs-t or a Gsx beacause the N/a engine is not worth building really...........

lol someone saw 99 gs and pulled the trigger,

any way the best way to get the most performance out of it would be to get a stall, sticky tires, and a shift kit. Basically at the line, your going to depress the brake with your left foot and give a little gas with your right. The car will start to "stall up" which is when the rpm's will start to rise but the brakes keep the car from moving, The basic idea is to get the rpm's high as possible with out having the car move. Chances are you should be able to get the rpm's up to 1800 or so with the stock stall converter in the tranny. On the track when the light turns green your going to depress the brake while at the same time put your right foot down, and hard. Leave the car out of over drive, and thats the best you can do.

Old 07-26-2006, 04:36 AM

ORIGINAL: slow420a

ORIGINAL: BrunoBoy650

lol someone saw 99 gs and pulled the trigger,

any way the best way to get the most performance out of it would be to get a stall, sticky tires, and a shift kit. Basically at the line, your going to depress the brake with your left foot and give a little gas with your right. The car will start to "stall up" which is when the rpm's will start to rise but the brakes keep the car from moving, The basic idea is to get the rpm's high as possible with out having the car move. Chances are you should be able to get the rpm's up to 1800 or so with the stock stall converter in the tranny. On the track when the light turns green your going to depress the brake while at the same time put your right foot down, and hard. Leave the car out of over drive, and thats the best you can do.
yha i did lol