2nd Generation This includes all Eclipses, and Talons built from 1995-1999

going turbo need help!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2007, 10:46 PM
Default going turbo need help!!!

i just gota stock I4 non turbo n i was seena turbo kit on ebay n i was wonder would this parts fit in my car... check them out thanks...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/TDO5H...spagenameZWDVW

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/95-96...spagenameZWDVW

http://search.ebay.com/search/search...trypage=search...
thanks

Old 01-15-2007, 11:27 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: going turbo need help!!!

the first one is no good. It is not for your motor it is fora 4g63. And i wouldnt trust ANY ebay product if you plan on turbocharging your 420a.

Old 01-15-2007, 11:34 PM

ebay products aint good... this is my plan... turbo charge my engine... buy some headers n down pipe n just run it like that.... do yall know where 2 get a good complete turbo kit ??

Old 01-15-2007, 11:38 PM

I would not trust anything turbo wise on ebay. Either its has been dogged. or it is just cheaoo and will work for a week but thats just my two cents.

P.S theres a reason its on Ebay lol

Old 01-15-2007, 11:39 PM

P.S theres a reason its on Ebay lol
Hahahahahaha
you said it right.
but..... I did just get my rims off of ebay...

Old 01-15-2007, 11:43 PM

lol... then **** ebay... im going for a 10 sec eclipse no matter wat... i got money put.. i aint got no time...

Old 01-15-2007, 11:50 PM

ORIGINAL: cheezy

lol... then **** ebay... im going for a 10 sec eclipse no matter wat... i got money put.. i aint got no time...
Then you gonna find yourself between a rock and a hard place in no time flat.
Building a car takes patience, lots of patience.
Money is also important, but patience is the key. It WILL be frustrating.
I built an 87 Celica GT-Four when I was 17.
Sooo much money, but took 3yrs to complete.
Again, just be patient.

Old 01-15-2007, 11:58 PM

i know.... rite now this is my third car that imma built myself... so yeah is there anygood website where 2 get partfor the eclipse???

Old 01-16-2007, 10:08 AM

well if you are dead stuck on thi idea.... bring out the wallet, for a 10second eclispe 420a. . . you're probably looking at about 10k+++ places to find parts - www.cimotorsports . com, www.slowboyracing . com, www.hahnracecraft . com, www.treadstoneperformance . com. a starter turbo kit will run you apx 3-3200, you can only run up to 10lbs on this setup before the piston rings go, then ur ready for a bottom end rebuild which will run you apx 1300-1700 depending on the parts you go with, after that you can up the boost to about 18-19psi that's when its time for head work and new internals, which will run you anywhere from 1k-4k again depending on how serious you are, (which to run 10sec, you had better be serious) you'll need a new clutch at this point, to hold a 10second powerband, you'll need about an800-1000 cluch, such as an AEM twin disk. lets not forget that you'll also need a very nice piggyback, to get yourself into the 10's you'll probably have no other choice than to go wtih AEM EMS which is anywhere from 1500-2000. then its time for a larger turbo and new fuel system, which for a decent trubo to get you where yo uwant you're lookin from 1k-1500, new injectors, fuel pump if you don't have it yet, rising rate fpr, need a new intake manifold. better have a serious head gasked (cometic), arp head and main studs... and it goes on and on, with alllll of this on your car you should be into the 11's then it's just fine tuning and tweaking until you get where you want. OR you could just saveyoursefl the hastle, get a gs-t or gsx, throw a gt35r on there and be good to go (obviously there is a lil more to it than just that but the process is a lot simpler and cheaper)

Old 01-16-2007, 10:12 AM
Super Moderator

Huh?! 10 sec car....trust me, your not gonna get the car you have now to that speed. A more realistic goal is a 12 sec car but even that is gonna take some time and alot of money. And judging from your posts in here, you dont totally understand how a turbo system works. To turbocharge an engine you cant just slap it on there and call it a day. There are ALOT of supporting mods that must be done in order to do it right. And there is not one place that sells a fully complete kit. There are kits, they just dont include all the electronics with it. Here are a couple places to check out:
www.slowboyracing.com
www.hahnracecraft.com
www.cimotorsports.net

Quick Reply: going turbo need help!!!