2nd Generation This includes all Eclipses, and Talons built from 1995-1999

got the car started and....

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2007, 07:44 PM
Banned
Default RE: got the car started and....

Eh.. hes pretty car literate.. if he says there is a knock in the motor.. there is a knock in the motor

Old 09-07-2007, 08:50 AM

what have you done? example, if your timing belt had went and you have replaced it, its totally common to have bent valves which cause them not to close fully hense lose of compression on certain cylinders. I have tried a couple of times with customers cars who have had the timing belt strip the teeth or break, to just try a belt and only about 5% have ran good with just that, 95% have had bent valves and the car ran like **** and compression was low. Its just a thought, don't take it as law....... if the wet test doesn't show improvement that is, if it does then its ring issues. Also I just thought if you were tryin lots of times to get it started and it wouldn't start, it could have dumped raw fuel in the cylinders causing the rings to wash out and not seal. Hope that helps with some ideas.

Old 09-07-2007, 11:30 AM
Banned

When you remove the motor, remove the head and inspect that. But the bottom line... is if a rod is knocking... its done.

Old 09-07-2007, 02:52 PM

Yeah also hes not that illiterate like sebba stated before, plus if his timming belt was bad, im pretty sure he'd find out so =) in fact... that reminds me i need to get on that as well.........

Old 09-07-2007, 07:51 PM

it sure does sound like a rod and it sure does sound like its coming from the bottom

Old 09-07-2007, 07:56 PM

guess ill try to get another motor and sell it, also i was backin the car up today to get it out of the way and everytime i hit the brakes the car would jerk and stop,is that the brakes locking up, and theres a loud pop coming from the front driver side....should i just part it out??? i know the tranny is good it shifts perfect in all gears and reverse, and all the interior is there,but one thing i like about it is that it has very cold a/c lol

Old 09-07-2007, 07:57 PM

and i dont like my post number so ima post this to get past it lol dont get mad guys i just dont like that number lol

Old 09-07-2007, 08:18 PM
Banned

LOL hahahaha.

I dont know what to tell you about the brake thing... maybe parting it would be the best idea

Old 09-07-2007, 11:37 PM

wha wha what?!?! parting that beauty? or the engine to see whats the deal with it???

Old 09-08-2007, 12:08 AM

nah kaede, if you look at the pics i posted it the off topic section youll see the black eclipse in the background that were talkn about not my gst

Quick Reply: got the car started and....