2nd Generation This includes all Eclipses, and Talons built from 1995-1999

grinding

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2008, 05:21 PM
Default grinding

alright well i took my rim off today and i figured that i would see where it was grinding on something but i found out that it wasnt grinding on anything.

i spun the rotar without the rim and it made the grinding noise. its all rusted...grrr and im not exactly sure what a brake pad is supposed to look like but i believe mine is just metal on metal.

any idea what it is?

oh and it doesnt just grind when i brake it grinds when i go slow. its so annoying

Thanks

Old 05-07-2008, 06:14 PM
Default RE: grinding

ORIGINAL: Jarreddl

alright well i took my rim off today and i figured that i would see where it was grinding on something but i found out that it wasnt grinding on anything.

i spun the rotar without the rim and it made the grinding noise. its all rusted...grrr and im not exactly sure what a brake pad is supposed to look like but i believe mine is just metal on metal.

any idea what it is?

oh and it doesnt just grind when i brake it grinds when i go slow. its so annoying

Thanks
It's time to visit a "reliable" brake shop, or the dealer!

Old 05-07-2008, 07:05 PM

yeah i think so too

Old 05-07-2008, 08:36 PM
Banned

Bull**** to a dealer. Go online get yourself some Brembo rotors and Hawk pads and yank em out.

That is what happens when you don't replace your pads enough... now you ****ed up your rotors.

Old 05-07-2008, 09:13 PM

yeah you'll be lucky ifthey can resurface your rotors too. might have to buy new ones if they cant.

Old 05-07-2008, 10:11 PM

u dont need to get brembo rotors or hawk pads, its a total waste of money if you dont have a fast car or if you dont race... just get stock replacement stuff at auto zone or advance auto and do it urself for $150

Old 05-07-2008, 10:14 PM
Banned

Cheaper than getting them from the dealer lol

Old 05-08-2008, 12:36 AM

ORIGINAL: Sebba

Bull**** to a dealer. Go online get yourself some Brembo rotors and Hawk pads and yank em out.

That is what happens when you don't replace your pads enough... now you ****ed up your rotors.
If he's not exactly sure how a brake pad is suppose to look, I doubt if he knows how to change them(Jarreddl,no offense intended). The Hawk pads I can agree with those! But Brembo's on a daily drive, a foolish waste of hard earned money! Not to mention with the economy the way it is right now!

Old 05-08-2008, 12:38 AM
Banned

Just the rotors dude... it aint no thang

Old 05-08-2008, 01:18 PM

dont get autozone's lifetime warranty pads, they are too soft and will carve into your rotors. you will have to replace your rotors after about 2 or 3 pad replacements. i suggest getting your replacement stuff from napa. they usually have good stuff there

Quick Reply: grinding