2nd Generation This includes all Eclipses, and Talons built from 1995-1999

gs-t

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2004, 07:11 PM
Default gs-t

I have a question if the eclipse gs-t would catch up to the gsx in the 1/4 mile, and if its really true that the fwd cars have horrible launches.

Old 03-31-2004, 05:09 PM
Default gs-t

FWD cars do have pretty bad launches. Now a ton of people will come here and say that they can make a FWD car launch well, and i dont doubt them, but a RWD car or AWD will launch alot better. My FWD Laser had its best 60ft of 2.301 and that was with street tires and just 2.5 exhaust, BC @ 16#, and a clutch. My AWD Atlon bone stock on a worn out clutch pulled a few 1.98 60 ft's so you tell me who lauches better.</P>

A GST will, considering all thing equal, will take a GSX top end. I dont think it would in the 1/4 mile because its to short but at some point it will.</P>

Michael</P>

Old 03-31-2004, 06:37 PM
Default gs-t

Boostedinaz is pretty much right. FWD don't have the best launchs. They either have to choose from getting wheelspin or giving up power. It's very possible for a gst to take a gsx in the 1/4, but the gst needs to have more mods to do it. Here's asayingfor thestrip, an awd can go in there with half the power of his opponent and still coming out winning. The only question now is.....should you converta gsx to rwd?

Old 03-31-2004, 07:30 PM
Default gs-t

My only problem with that is that I can pull crazy 60 ft's all the time in street trim, or street tires. A RWD car will need slicks to harness the power it makes.</P>

Michael</P>

Old 04-01-2004, 01:31 AM
Default gs-t

Yeah, but there's a certain point where the awd system becomes more of a burden than a blessing. Most people say it's the weight that's the problem, but few realize it also the drivetrain loss. That's where RWD becomes better. With a good set of shocks and spring in the rear, a rwd car can make awesome passes. There's a guy with an LS1 TransAm that has only a head port and cams(along with some suspension mods) and he runs a low 11 in the 1/4 with slicks. Without slicks though he runs mid-12's. I'm trying to think which magazine it was featured in, but it had a few other gen3 ls1 cars. The magazine had a shoot out with only 5 TransAm's and Camaro's, most cars ran slicks and had like unreal times, but they lost like 1.5 seconds on street radials. They're 60ft times were decent though.