2nd Generation This includes all Eclipses, and Talons built from 1995-1999

GS-T is acting up again

Old 04-26-2007, 06:39 PM
Default GS-T is acting up again

I was driving the other night and hit 15 psi and the car felt like I hit a brick wall and wouldn't build any boost after that. So I pulled over and my B.O.V fell the **** off ( its a forge motorsport about 7 days old if that matters to anyone ). So I tightened everything back down and checked my b.o.v made sure everything inside of it was ok. Now my car won't build boost past 5-6 psi and sometimes when it hits 7 psi it jerks really hard like i hit the brake pedal. When my B.O.V popped off could that of surged my turbo? I checked for shaft play and it doesn't have any at all. side to side, up and down, it spins freely. My only other guess is could I have ****ed up the Diaphram in my internal wastegate or could it be getting stuck open or closed? I even put my stock b.o.v back on to make sure that wasn't the problem and it still does the same thing.Ichecked just abouteverything I could all of my vaccum lines aresolid none of themare leaking, plugs are fine, wires are fine, intercooler piping is on tight I even took it off and put it back on all of my sensors are hooked up. It isn't throwing anycodes except my o2 sensor for my cat ( which i've never had so I know its not that ). Also i've noticed my AEM TRU Boost gauge use to read-19 to -21 while at idle and now its reading -3 at idle whats up with that? Any help would be appreciated.

Old 04-26-2007, 06:42 PM
Default RE: GS-T is acting up again

NOt that I can say anything helpful.... I can just say... **** man, that sucks...

Old 04-26-2007, 06:44 PM

At least your sympathetic ha

Old 04-26-2007, 06:49 PM
Banned

Sorry i re read it and now i think its a vacume leak. Something is wrong. Think about it. -19 vac and now is -3 vac.... the pressure is almost equal.

Old 04-26-2007, 06:51 PM

Sebba. I stated that I checked my b.o.v ( its brand new 7 days old from forge motorsport ). I even mentioned that I put back on my old stock 2gb.o.v and it changed nothing, so where is it you get this assumption that its the b.o.v?

Its cool I was just confused as hell. It was a simple question Sebba I don't know why your always getting hostile. Yeah I was thinking vaccum leak to but from where. I checked everything. The only possible thing it could be related to is my throttle body ( i made a previous post having issues with it seeming like its getting stuck )

Old 04-26-2007, 06:52 PM
Banned

Aight dude chill. Read it now .

Old 04-26-2007, 08:21 PM

I guess i'm just gonna order a 1g throttle body, intake manifold gasket, inner and outer TB gasket, and a valve cover gasket ( need one anyways )and get it all done. Hopefully my vaccum leak is coming from my intake manifold. Unless anyone has any better ideas.

Old 04-26-2007, 08:26 PM
Banned

I aint hostile lol.

My guess is that a hose someplace has a split in it. Maybe from the BOV to the actuator.. who knows

Old 04-26-2007, 09:24 PM

I don't recall there being a hose from the bov to the wastegate Actuator or are we on the wrong page here? There is therecess holding the base of thebov into the upper intercooler piping. There is the dump tube recirculating back into the intake and the line going to the intake manifold.

Old 04-26-2007, 09:44 PM
Banned

Oh im ****ing retarded nevermind.

Well it cant be compressor surge because the UICP is just open.. not boosting at all. Look for a split in the UICP near the TB and maybe check your exhaust manifold.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: GS-T is acting up again