gsx are reliable cars?

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2005, 04:08 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: gsx are reliable cars?

Just cuz I have no job doesn't mean I have no life. Got plenty going on here

Old 11-01-2005, 06:36 PM

Ive always heard that awd gets a better launch traction but top end is a little lower due to the awd weight and loss of power through moving parts.

Old 11-01-2005, 06:47 PM

ORIGINAL: Lil red

Ive always heard that awd gets a better launch traction but top end is a little lower due to the awd weight and loss of power through moving parts.
yeah it gets better launches. i just heard that it was hard to get it to launch like it should. like the STi is a bitch to launch correctly.

Old 11-01-2005, 07:03 PM

Just means youll have to drive it till you get it down. should be a fun waste of time!

Old 11-01-2005, 07:04 PM

ORIGINAL: eclipsed4u

yeah it gets better launches. i just heard that it was hard to get it to launch like it should. like the STi is a bitch to launch correctly.
the STi splits the TQ 30/70 up front where the EVO is 50/50. I know my car is easy to lauch but it is abusive. the thing with the STi is that it has the DCCD which you can adjust the split from 30/70 to 50/50 or 70/30 the EVO doesnt offer that and the ACD in the 05 EVOs doesnt change the TQ split it only adjusts when the differencials lock. I have launch my EVO only a few times and I have launch a couple of AWD DSMs and both were not hard at all to get a good launch try it once and the second time was a charm

Old 11-01-2005, 07:05 PM

Just means youll have to drive it till you get it down. should be a fun waste of time!
it takes two tries to get it at least for me i did. but the more you do it the more abuse you are putting on the drivetrain and in a DSM the tranny doesnt need to be abused to much, they dont like it lol

Old 11-01-2005, 07:06 PM

ORIGINAL: EMonz57

ORIGINAL: eclipsed4u

the STi splits the TQ 30/70 up front where the EVO is 50/50. I know my car is easy to lauch but it is abusive. the thing with the STi is that it has the DCCD which you can adjust the split from 30/70 to 50/50 or 70/30 the EVO doesnt offer that and the ACD in the 05 EVOs doesnt change the TQ split it only adjusts when the differencials lock. I have launch my EVO only a few times and I have launch a couple of AWD DSMs and both were not hard at all to get a good launch try it once and the second time was a charm
so its the torque split that makes the STi hard to launch?

Old 11-01-2005, 07:28 PM

[/quote]

so its the torque split that makes the STi hard to launch?

[/quote]
im not sure but that is the difference between the EVO and STi, and if people say it is a pain to launch I dont know what else to blame it on cuase I know my car isnt hard at all. I have never launched an STi\ or driven one for that matter but It has more TQ with the 2.5L over the EVO and it is geared more to the rear so I could see that traction may be more of an issue with those than an EVO

Old 11-01-2005, 11:59 PM

thnx for info I apreciate it for help but are eclipses reliable if I drive them daily with 1 or 2 races a week ( race's like at the red light come home from school or work ) because am not going to have alot money during school year.I work part time and got gf and school stuff . am going buy car and get some sored intake, header, raidiator maybe a clutch so after that i dont plan to do much more than a navigation system and dvd player more down the road.so would i be able to use them to get around. also does anyone know a good intercooler for gsx cause i heard intercooler's are kind of tricky if you dont have the right one you can loose power.

Old 11-02-2005, 12:08 AM

the reasone I am asking if there reliable well i own a mitsubishi lancer oz-rally (unlucky i was hoping for an Evo)and its reliable car i bought it new but i heard alot local honda guys talking alot* Doo Doo * for lack of a better word that mitsu's espically eclipses are not reliable as those cheap wind up toys(civics) but I ended up have a street race smoking them [:@] but it kept bugging me then i saw this forum searching for gsx's i was trying to get your expericnce side since you guys own them

Quick Reply: gsx are reliable cars?