2nd Generation This includes all Eclipses, and Talons built from 1995-1999

GUYS PLEASE HELP!!!! OIL PROB

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2007, 01:02 AM
Default GUYS PLEASE HELP!!!! OIL PROB

is there any way that the oil wont drain out of the car when you release it in the oil pan????

I took my car to ez lub to have the put fully synthetic in it. they changed it oil draind they said, they filled it, they over filled it by like 3quarts. but they only but like 5quarts in.

so they drain leftover oil.

half hour later get loud lifter ticking.

1 day later take it back, my car has high mileage so i told them the 10w30 they put in is to thin, and put some 10w40 in it non-synthetic.

and it overfilled again about 3.5 quarts. so there thinking what the hell, did the guy drain it all the way???

so they drained it again completely until it didn't drip anymore. than only put 1quart in.

checked the dipstick and it read full. with 1 quart??????

back to the original question, is there any way it will not drain???
isn't it an open oily pan. its impossible for anything to clog it.

the only thing i can think of is that the oil inlet is next to the dipstick, so when they checked the oil right away it read to full. and did not let it settle. thats is y it read to full, but i dont know???

ps. ive had little oil pressure for the last day, maybe bad oil pump. but that wouldn't explain the no draining?

Old 02-27-2007, 01:43 AM
Default RE: GUYS PLEASE HELP!!!! OIL PROB

thats crazy man, ive never heard of that

Old 02-27-2007, 02:12 AM

maybe theyre idiots and checking it with it running, lol.
If your dipstick tube was broken off and way too short you'll get that.
maybe it has the wrong dipstick from another car and its longer than it should be and the marks are in the wrong place.

Old 02-27-2007, 05:00 AM

that is what i was thinking, or some idiot put a shallow oil pan on. you know these ricer guys these days.

anyone have a pic and length of the stock dipstick, or just the length,
or a thread to find it. cus now i think im like 2quarts over, and dont wanna blow a seal.

my oil pressure rises just about half way at about 35-4k rpm in 3 gear.
if that helps at all.

thanks.

Old 02-27-2007, 06:50 AM

I have to say that, you don't want to take your car to these places! They hire kids, straight out of first grade! They are idiots. A standard 4 cylinder motor uses 3.75-4 quarts and the rest will go into the filter. How do you overfill an I4? I've seen their machines...it's set up with 4 - 6 - 8..those are the respective motors and the fill machines are standardized for each fill. That's how they fill the motor.
IMO, do it yourself. It only takes one person maybe 15 minutes, less, if you've done it enough.
These are war stories that I hate, not to the OP, but the shops.
Sorry about your situation, it always sucks to have them happen, no matter who it is.

Old 02-27-2007, 10:24 AM
Super Moderator

well silver your right about not going to places. I just do mine myself, however, this seems to have nothing to do with what they are doing. I think its the dipstick as well because even if you put a full 5 quarts your not gonna be over the max line. Id say check out a junkyard and try and grab a stick. Maybe even find a pick n pull place. Then youll at least know you have the right one.

Old 02-27-2007, 10:38 AM

check the oil yourself and see what it reads. don't rely on them and what they say. let ur car sit on even ground for about 1/2 hr for it to cool down. check it ur self. do NOT go by the first reading, pull it out, wipe it and then do it again.

Old 02-27-2007, 07:35 PM

what if there is a build up of oil inside the pan?

Old 02-28-2007, 01:33 AM

yes i usually change my oil myself, but i have been working so much lately and it was a spur of the moment thing. "never again"

they told me they think there is oil stuck in the block!!! hahaha wtf

oil cant get stuck in the block, the oil pan is completely open.

my dipstick has a white **** with a hole through it for your finger.
this car is a 96 gst. 5spd, the dipstick has to small holes about 1/2 inch from bottom of stick, and about 1inch apart. if this desc. matches anyone's dipstick let me know, there is a pick ur part down the street, im gonna go there.

but yah either that or someone put a real shallow oil pan on, but i dont think someone would be dumb enough to do that.

any desc. greatly appreciated!!!

Old 02-28-2007, 01:55 AM

well if this helps ill measure my dipstick tomorrow i have a 95 gst and then you can measure yours and that should end the dipstick theory

Quick Reply: GUYS PLEASE HELP!!!! OIL PROB