GUYS PLEASE HELP!!!! OIL PROB

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2007, 02:55 AM
Default RE: GUYS PLEASE HELP!!!! OIL PROB

cool man thanx. yup that should end it alright

Old 02-28-2007, 06:53 AM

ORIGINAL: TheEngineer

well silver your right about not going to places. I just do mine myself, however, this seems to have nothing to do with what they are doing. I think its the dipstick as well because even if you put a full 5 quarts your not gonna be over the max line. Id say check out a junkyard and try and grab a stick. Maybe even find a pick n pull place. Then youll at least know you have the right one.
I know, lol. Places like these really burn me. I just had to comment on those knumb skulls real quick

ORIGINAL: katinkid

yes i usually change my oil myself, but i have been working so much lately and it was a spur of the moment thing. "never again"

they told me they think there is oil stuck in the block!!! hahaha wtf

oil cant get stuck in the block, the oil pan is completely open.

my dipstick has a white **** with a hole through it for your finger.
this car is a 96 gst. 5spd, the dipstick has to small holes about 1/2 inch from bottom of stick, and about 1inch apart. if this desc. matches anyone's dipstick let me know, there is a pick ur part down the street, im gonna go there.

but yah either that or someone put a real shallow oil pan on, but i dont think someone would be dumb enough to do that.

any desc. greatly appreciated!!!
Your dipstick matches mine.
There's only one oil pan that I know of made for DSMs and that's a Moroso 6.5 quart oil pan and it's for a 6 bolt.
"Oil stuck in the block"?!!! That is the most retarded thing I've ever heard! Please don't go back to these guys..ever, lmao!!! I've seen it happen before though....from a motor that was sitting out of the car in the weather at a junkyard for many months, maybe years, lol. At this point, the oil mixed with water and clumped to a gel like substance. Seriously, I doubt your oil is at this point, lol.
If you've never had this issue before, I would call it a dumb oil change shop moment. Not dumb on your part, but dumb on there's.
From here on, until you get a chance to change the oil yourself, keep an eye on the oil and it's level.

Old 02-28-2007, 11:42 PM

anyone have an exact measurement in inches. so that i can measure mine???

Old 03-01-2007, 12:01 AM

haha oil stuck in the block thats the funnyist thing i ever herd...but then again something like that happend to my jeeps differental it got water in it and it turned into like a paist that took 4 days to drain wit the diff cover off so i guess it could happen

Old 03-01-2007, 12:27 AM

well i was gonna measure the dipstick but i cant find my measuring tape[:@]i see everytyme, and all the tyme except when i need it

Old 03-01-2007, 10:37 AM

ORIGINAL: Wyte
haha oil stuck in the block thats the funnyist thing i ever herd...but then again something like that happend to my jeeps differental it got water in it and it turned into like a paist that took 4 days to drain wit the diff cover off so i guess it could happen
he was probably refering to sludge.

Old 03-05-2007, 04:24 AM

well guys fixed the prob.

turns out the 96 gst dipstick is exactly 16 3/4 inches

my was 20+ inches, so whoever the idiot was that owned the car before me thanx for wasting my time and money.

other than that, this dip didn't hit the bottom of the pan. so i added correct amount of oil and marked the dipstick.

thanx guys for all ur help. ref the size of dipstick for future use.

Old 03-05-2007, 06:12 AM

now lets hope there wasnt any engine damage from running it with1 Qt of oil in it[&:]

Old 03-05-2007, 01:01 PM

i wonder how long it was running like that???? :-o eek

Old 03-05-2007, 01:12 PM

.... one week later *racka raacka clack clack racka clack squeak clak*
uh oh

Quick Reply: GUYS PLEASE HELP!!!! OIL PROB