2nd Generation This includes all Eclipses, and Talons built from 1995-1999

Headlight problem

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2004, 03:15 PM
Default Headlight problem

Hi,

I have a Eclipse 96 GS Spyder. I have a problem with my headlights since yesterday. The right one will turn on but the left one (the driver's side) won't. I was wondering whether you could tell me whether I need to replace the whole headlight unit or there is a bulb in there that I could change to make it work. When it turn the lights to high beam both headlights work but on regular only the left one powers up. I also have no light inside the car on the gauges since last week when I tried to install a new stereo in the car but I am not sure whether this is related as both headlights worked fine before yesterday.

If I have to change the headlights where could you recommend me to buy one, or I should buy a bulb from a place like Autozone?

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone in the forum.

Regards,

Svetlin

Old 11-25-2004, 05:35 PM
Default RE: Headlight problem

Just go buy a bulb....I think its a 9006....no need to replace the whole unit

Old 11-25-2004, 05:47 PM

Yeah, you can go to Kragens or Autozone for the bulb, and might as well replace both since the other one must be old as well. You can buy whole new headlights on ebay; That is if you want clear lights or black hosing lights with Angle Eyes. Those look pretty cool and run around $200 with shipping and all. They also come with the bulbs. That's if you want to dress up your car, but I'd just go with the bulbs for now. I'm not sure about the lights going out on your gauges. Maybe you disconnected a wire or something, or it's just possible that the light burned out.

Old 11-26-2004, 04:24 PM

I just bought a valucraft 9006 low beam light and replaced it but it still does not want to power up. Do you have any idea what might be causing it on the driver's side and not on the passenger one. I think all these problems are connected with the electrical system and something is definitely wrong with it - after all it is a pretty old car - 1996. Could anyone advise me on which wires to check for the headlight and/or the gauges in the car, I think the problem is interconnected because it happened all in less than 10 days time.

Thank you for your help.

Regards,

Svetlin

Old 11-26-2004, 07:56 PM

I'm not very good with electrical stuff, but I would check all of my fuses for my lights and then troubleshoot from there.

Old 11-26-2004, 08:27 PM

i would pull the stereo and check all the wiring there, if its hooked up wrong it may have screwed with the electrical system, most likely though it could be the connection melted, i had that problem with my rear lights, the connector that holds the bulb melted and only one of the brake lights would work, id make sure that isnt the problem first........

Old 11-27-2004, 12:18 AM

Hi,

I think it is the stereo that caused all these problems (((. I shouldn't have tried to install it myself when I know nothing about it. Could you guys tell me where I could find information about how the wiring should be hooked up. I see all the cables and they have different colors but I do not know how to check whether the connectors are alright. Also, where are the fuses for the headlights located?

Thank you,

Svetlin

Old 11-28-2004, 09:36 PM

Hi,

I followed your advice and opened the console to check the cables. They all seem to be in place except for a blue one called Remote Control Unit which is not connected to any cable of the harness but I guess this should not cause any problems. When I opened the console, though, I found three cables which have strange shapes and were not connected to anything. Do you know what these cables are for or where I could find more information about them. I have attached pictures of them in this post.

Thank you very much for the help.

Svetlin

[IMG]local://upfiles/2092/B812075E1E724B7E8221DEB772349F86.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/2092/D0FB55C9E03341CF918127A80D92BB1D.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/2092/8DD0E52A228F459797DF7251693DBDE5.jpg[/IMG]

Old 12-01-2004, 03:42 PM

not sure, ill try and open up mine tomorrow and check for ya, i gotta get in there anyway and fix my short shifter..........

Old 12-01-2004, 04:08 PM

Holy crap!!! thumbnails!!! Those are very rare!!! I still can't even upload onto this site.....i'm a very very sad mod....[&o]

Quick Reply: Headlight problem