2nd Generation This includes all Eclipses, and Talons built from 1995-1999

headlight question

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2008, 11:53 AM
Default headlight question

i tried searching this subject and found a few things about hid bulbs and lights and such but nothing that really answered my question. if you get these "projector headlights" are they going to be bright or is this just a marketing term. i have halos on my car already but i cant see jack at night. and the hid kits you can get look promising but are they hard to install? im looking to get the best bang for my buck and be able to see at night without having my brights on. i tried getting a new bulb when mine burned out about 5 months ago but i didnt see a difference between the old and the replacement. looking for some help. any links to headlights or anything that will help me see better at night would be appreciated. i know they arent pointed exactly like they should be but they are dimmer than you could imagine. looking forward to seeing what lights you guys like or what to do. thanks

Old 01-30-2008, 12:02 PM
Default RE: headlight question

i have been looking at these and i know ebays not a performance shop but they look good not cheap as other ones. what do you guys think. has anyone had experience with this style setup?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/94-99...ayphotohosting

Old 01-30-2008, 12:17 PM

i'm no expert by any means when it comes to HID's but i don't think i've ever seen them that cheap and if tha's the case, it's prolly for a reason. i think brand new from a well known company they are like 200 or so. i bought projector headlights for my eclipse when i had it and after installing some xenon bulbs they worked great.
halo's don't give you any extra light, they are mearly for astetics (which i think are ugly anyways).
i recently swapped a set of aftermarket lights into my del sol and i can see 3412341234123412% better.
another thing... typically when you install HID's into a tuner car it just basically screams "hey, i've got a nice/fast car" or at least that's what i think. just about ANY honda that i see on the street w/ an HID conversion i figure to be fast (and the times that i've raced them. they were). so if you install HID's into a performance car w/ no performance... ricer... that's my .02

Old 01-30-2008, 12:54 PM

do you know here i could get a good set of replacement bulbs for my gst? i cant seem to find anything in google. you recommend xenon bulbs? where did you get yours. are the headlights on an eclispe easy to adjust? i dont really want to get a hid kit for 200 bucks if the bulbs will work fine.

Old 01-30-2008, 01:03 PM

I'm sorry but could someone please explain to me what HID headlights are exactly?

Old 01-30-2008, 01:04 PM

ummm i would like to know also and where to get bright replacement bulbs????

Old 01-30-2008, 01:05 PM

i don't know the definition of an HID (google it.. you've been here long enough to know how to search! shame) but it's a differnt kind of light that actually has to warm up (doesn't take long...). and it's a lot brighter. depending on the 'intensity' you want changes the color. if i'm not mistaken the higher you go up the more purple it gets. personally i'm a BRIGHT blue/white kinda guy.

Old 01-30-2008, 01:06 PM

ORIGINAL: atown420
do you know here i could get a good set of replacement bulbs for my gst? i cant seem to find anything in google. you recommend xenon bulbs? where did you get yours. are the headlights on an eclispe easy to adjust? i dont really want to get a hid kit for 200 bucks if the bulbs will work fine.
having HID's is basically nothing but a bragging right, that and it goes along w/ the tuner theme as long as you have something to back it up. i got my bulbs from wal mart. takes like 2 mins to intsall each. it's not a whole heck of a lot BRIGHTER.... but the color of the light allows you to see more. that and make sure that your HL's are pointed in a correct direction.

Old 01-30-2008, 01:13 PM

okay rcjr ill have to look around. you think an auto parts store would have em? the hid kits just up the juice to the lights and its a gas inside i believe i tried searching but i guess thats irrelevant. thanks for the help i hope this will help my lights. can you get to the inside of the head light to clean it? do you know

Old 01-30-2008, 01:15 PM

i see these pictures but when i replaced my other headlight a while back it looked nothing like this. it had like a wire thing coming off of it. are these the brights? i dont want to get something thats not going to work.

Quick Reply: headlight question