2nd Generation This includes all Eclipses, and Talons built from 1995-1999

HELP!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2007, 06:06 PM
Default HELP!!!

ok here is the issue i have a 97 spyder eclipse that i am making turbo. i bought a 99 gst harness as well as a 97 gsx harness and fuse box as well as a 99 turbo ECU. i just finished taking my factory GS harness out. now i am woundering if anyone by chance would have a diagram i could go by to double check myself when installing the new harness this week. and which harness i should use being my car is a convertable does it matter which harenss and ECU i use? and does anyone know by me replacing the ECU and wiring harness will this take my option of using my botton to put my top down or will i have to put my top down manually now? as for the body harness i plan on using the same one. it is going off to paint thursday of this week and wanting to get this harness issue figured out and possibly get the harness installed before it gone off to paint thanks for any help.

Old 04-15-2007, 06:19 PM
Default RE: HELP!!!

well, then why dont you just get a gs-t spyder ecu. that way the top will go down properly.

and last i looked the 420a engine didn't have low compression pistons.

witch is what you would need to run any kind of boost over like 7lbs. and eventhen your engine might not last very long.

instead of doing all of this, why dont you just sell your car. and buy a gs-t spyder. that way you wont have to do any mods like this. and you can always change the turbo to a 16g or even 20g withouut that many problems!!!

sorry man i dont know of any diagram like that. but there might be one!

good luck.

Old 04-15-2007, 06:28 PM

well i don't have a 420 in this car and boosting this car is not going to be a problem lol. i am dropping a 4g63 in it built to the gills with a t3/t4 turbo and every type of engine mod has been done. i forgot to add that part i guess i did buy a 99 gst ECU just didn't know about the harness part. i have well over 13k dollars in my engine and will be able to run high boost with no problem. the only thing i don't want to loss is my ability to use my button for my top. so there is no way i am seeling this car just because it didn't come turboed.

Old 04-15-2007, 09:01 PM

I dont know about your question but **** for 13k why didnt you buy a gst then sink money into the motor and ignore all the swapping problems?

Old 04-15-2007, 09:16 PM

just happened like this started doing a little at a tgime and by the time i knew it i was this deep and figured what the hell lol.

Old 04-15-2007, 11:12 PM

So what im getting is..Your car came stock with the 420a and your wanting 2 swap your "13k Built 4g63t" into this car?...This isnt going 2 happen without very deep pockets and someone with master fabricating skills...Which you might have?....but I wasn't able 2 find a wiring diagram like that for you.

Old 04-16-2007, 12:16 AM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: jlh077464

So what im getting is..Your car came stock with the 420a and your wanting 2 swap your "13k Built 4g63t" into this car?...This isnt going 2 happen without very deep pockets and someone with master fabricating skills...Which you might have?....but I wasn't able 2 find a wiring diagram like that for you.
NO your obviously not getting it. He has a 97 eclipse SPYDER GS which means he has a4g63 in it

Hey anthony with the hp you are looking to put out, it might be a good idea to convert to AWD. It is very easily done with the spyder. I dont have a wiring diagram though, The best thing to get is a factory manual if your able to, they will have anything and everything you would need

Old 04-16-2007, 04:01 PM

THANK YOU ENGINEER finally someone that knows my car came with a 4g63 lol. i actually thought about the AWD swap just didn't do enough research on how hard it would be but if your saying it's not all that hard i might as well spend a little more and do it right thans engineer. i'll definatly look into the factory manual and see what all has to be done. and for jlh thanks for at least looking for a wiring diagram i'm having the hardest time trying to find one but i think i'll take the engineers advice and hit the factory up to see if they can help me. i'll try to have some pics of my car before during and after asap.