2nd Generation This includes all Eclipses, and Talons built from 1995-1999

help me find/fix my problem[s]

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2007, 06:44 PM
Default help me find/fix my problem[s]

Sooo, here we go...

Latley when I come to a stop light and put my car in nuetral, or engage the clutch, it'll rev up to 1500-2k. And sometimes when I'm driven, and go to slow down and ingage the clutch, it dip real low on the rpms.

My clutch was recently changed, so no. Also tried the fuel filter, and injecotors, didt help.

Now I know my IAT sensor has a wire ripped after the plug, and the sensor is pretty dirty. But I never heard of an IAT sensor doing that?

I also check my PCV valve...I heard if you can blow threw it both ways, its show...and well, mines juss a hollow L pipe lol.

Also, the small pulley between my AC pulleys, is skweaking bad, I've tried finding this part erywhere, even ebay, no luck.

the thing is, the car runs and pulls like a champ when's its cold, but as soon as its warmed up, its doggy again.

Its a 420a btw.
Any words of wisdom?

Old 05-02-2007, 06:47 PM
Default RE: help me find/fix my problem[s]

The pcv valve is only like 3 dollars and takes 10 seconds to change. Couldn't hurt. If your IAT sensor is messed up it that might contribute as well. Why not just re-wire the plug thats ripped or get a new sensor?

Old 05-02-2007, 07:59 PM

Well, I got a new PCV valve, autozone said it was made for my car, but diesnt fit in the head.

I also got a new IAT sensor, but it didt come with the plug. The wire is ripped right at the plug, so I don't know of anyway to re wire it that way?

Old 05-02-2007, 11:18 PM

Your intake air temp sensor does just what it's name states. If the intake temp is cold like at startup, it will tell the ECU that the motor is cold and make it run rich. If the intake temp is hot like that after it's been running awhile, but this time there's no temp sensor, well chances are, your ECU is stuck in the "cold" temp and dumping fuel into the motor. <--- there's a lot more to that btw, that's just the "caveman" view (yes, I just saw a Geico commercial). Have you noticed a decline in your MPG?

..or you could just have a really dirty intake manifold and just need to clean it out with some seafoam or MCCC, lol. Definitely get your PCV replaced, it's not supposed to be hollow, it's supposed to be a one way valve.

Old 05-03-2007, 12:22 AM

Well, Id rewire it, but its ripped right at the plug, is there a way to fix that, or can I order that plug at like Autozone or such?

Theres been a lil decrease in gas, not crazy amounts, but then again, I dont drive my car that much.

Where Do i get seafoam, and how do I go bout cleaning it?

Old 05-03-2007, 12:27 AM

Dont get autozone electrical parts, they're crap.
Bought an ignition coil for my girlfriends old honda from AZ, and 3 months later needed a new one cuz it burned up.

Old 05-03-2007, 12:47 AM

hmm, well can i re wire it somehow?

Old 05-03-2007, 09:23 PM

If by "plug", you mean that the plug that snaps onto the sensor is where it's ripped from, then yes. You can get another plug at a junkyard.
If by "plug", you mean that part that is on the sensor, then no. You'll have to get one from a junkyard or parts store. I say parts store since I can't imagine them being pricey.

Old 05-03-2007, 09:40 PM

Ok, so now tht i think about it i might have a similar problem but i dont get the check engine light...my mpg have decreased weirdly and sometimes it idles rough... but not the clutch thing since its not manny