2nd Generation This includes all Eclipses, and Talons built from 1995-1999

Hey all

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2006, 11:17 PM
Default Hey all

Just bought a 1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
Looking for any good advice that can help me with this car.

Old 07-04-2006, 12:27 AM
Default RE: Hey all

welcome to the site. You can find quite a bit of info here. make sure you read the Stickies up top this section regaurding the 2Gs so you can see if any questions you might have are already covered there and always search a little before asking a question that might have been asked in the past.

Old 07-04-2006, 03:20 AM

Yeah I kinda figured that is usually the first thing to do, but I kinda get lazy sometimes and don't search. LOL There is just soooo much info sometimes I get frustrated looking.

Old 07-04-2006, 10:41 AM
Super Moderator

welcome. So is the car all stock, and what are you looking to do with it?

Old 07-04-2006, 04:27 PM

Right now I wanna get rid of the side mount intercooler and get a front mount, boost controller, basic gauges (oil temp gauge and boost gauge), and turbo timer. Can't really think of anything else right now besides the timeing belt which is going to be a real pain in the *** lol

Old 07-04-2006, 04:49 PM

well get the car running in tip top shape before you start to mod anything.

Old 07-04-2006, 07:45 PM

Right now it is running it tip top shape. All new hoses and belts. Just not sure about the timeing belt. Gonna find out if ti has been changed or not. It is just a real gas hog. Course doesn't help that I was on the gas a lot. Went throught a whole tank in three days lol

Old 07-04-2006, 09:23 PM

well make sure you know when the first time the timing belt was done and yeah if your in the boost alot youll go through gas. but if you drive normal it should last longer.

Old 07-05-2006, 08:40 AM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: importorigins

Right now I wanna get rid of the side mount intercooler and get a front mount, boost controller, basic gauges (oil temp gauge and boost gauge), and turbo timer. Can't really think of anything else right now besides the timeing belt which is going to be a real pain in the *** lol
dont get the FMIC it is a waste of money on the stock turbo. Boost controller and boost guage are a good idea. You dont really need an oil temp guage either. I would get either an EGT or a wideband because either of those you can actually use down the road instead of an oil temp. Turbo timer is really just a luxery. If you got the money go for it. But all it does is what you could do yourself if you let the car run for about 30 sec-1 min after you stop. Not saying that its a bad thing.

Old 07-05-2006, 09:38 AM

Thanks for the advice. I got the gauges mixed up with the oil. I need to get the oil pressure gauge. Just to help me be aware of my oil levels and what not. Forgive me for asking this but what is an EGT and wideband. Just making sure I understand everything.

Quick Reply: Hey all