2nd Generation This includes all Eclipses, and Talons built from 1995-1999

HID and other questions

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2009, 09:24 PM
Default HID and other questions

Okay guys! This is actually my first post here and I'm not sure if it's even in the right place.

I recently bought a 96 GST Spyder and would like to do some mods for it. I'm planning to get the important ones first since it's a used car. I'm planning to change some simple stuff as well, so all your help is appreciated.

So what I was wondering is if anybody could help me in regards about the headlights. I'm also planning to change the front bumper to a 98 OEM so i've read that the headlights has to be switched as well. I was looking at a black housing for them. Now, if it's possible if someone could tell me the bulb size i need for HID to put in. (Also a good site to purchase OEM front bumpers for cheap)

I was also planning to change the interior lights to LEDs. Does anybody know the bulb sizes there as well?

Also, for the stereo. I'm planning to get a nav unit there. Is there a particular brand and model you guys recommend. (Only reason I was asking is because the Altima that I have, most members used the Pioneer AvicD3).

Those are just some on top of my head. If there are other recommendations that you all might think I should do first, please let me know. Thanks in advance!

Old 07-10-2009, 02:24 AM

junk yard is the best place your gunna find both a bumper and headlights!
even if you had to get a cheap paint job for the bumper its so much more worth it

as far as the headlight size you want 9006 and the best is 6000k which is a diamond white or 8000k which is a diamond blue as far as the interior lights to convert to LED which i actually just did myself i would check out www.superbrightleds.com they are very well priced and offer great shipping charges and they usually get to u within 3 days or so

Old 07-10-2009, 02:36 AM

go with the pioneer double din touch screen 2nd generation head unit it has full navigation/cd/dvd/mp3/fm/anything else you could think of lol u can find them on ebay between 500 and 900 bucks but its gunna be well worth it.it was probaly the best investment ever and ull feel the same when u end up keeping it in ebery car u buy