2nd Generation This includes all Eclipses, and Talons built from 1995-1999

how much hp can this setup run?

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2007, 09:01 AM
Default how much hp can this setup run?

i found an awesome deal locally on a 95 eclipse with a 6 bolt swap. swapped 8k miles ago. and all mods put on it. i was wondering what kinda numbers i could pull straight from this setup and what you think of the setup. i will be going to check out the car today!. thanks guys.

RS60T Turbonetics turbo
850cc injectors
255 Warlbo fuel pump
2 1/2 inch upper and lower intercooler piping
Apexi electronic S-AFC
Greddy TT
tial 38mm wastegate on the stock manifold (welded on flange for wastegate)
3" Downpipe, 3" Exhaust
24x12x3 FMIC
Zeitronix Datalogger and wideband 02 sensor
Aeromotive FPR
AEM Fuel Rail
Keydiver EPROM chip (set to 850cc injectors and 264 cams).
-ACT 2100 Clutch.
6bolt swap
3 angle valve job
Ported 2G head.
wiseco pistons
carillo rods
HKS Cams (264 intake 264 exhaust)
S/S Valves
Crower retainers and springs
ARP hardware
Cylinder 1mm oversize bore
Fidanza flywheel
maybe a few others but not 100% sure.

Old 11-19-2007, 03:58 PM
Default RE: how much hp can this setup run?

Looks like a good setup BUT is it a GST or GSX. That will play a big role on how much hp you can make

Old 11-19-2007, 04:27 PM

The hp numbers would be the same on either one.. But you wouldnt get traction with the GST..(So track times would be a lot less). But depending what the boost is set at, could be anywhere from 400-550 prolly.. Sounds like it is built right..

Old 11-19-2007, 04:53 PM

sweet, it is a gst. and that is what i was thinking, i just wanted some confirmations. i appreciate it. i will let ya guys know if i pick it up... just trying to get it in my possession. have to wait until payday tomorrow. i am getting pretty excited. i have already talked to the guy alot! =)

Old 11-19-2007, 05:49 PM

ORIGINAL: TheAdvocate

The hp numbers would be the same on either one.. But you wouldnt get traction with the GST..(So track times would be a lot less). But depending what the boost is set at, could be anywhere from 400-550 prolly.. Sounds like it is built right..
Thats what i was getting at in my first post but it just didnt come out that way. 500 would be pointless on a GST, yes you can make 500 but it isnt worth it unless its in a gsx. How much are you paying for this? Pics to!

Old 11-19-2007, 06:18 PM

i know on the whole traction thing... 500 would be fun though. =) i am set to go pick it up tomorrow night, so i will take pictures when i get it. i am really excited. the car is an awesome deal. it is in good condition with 130k on the chassis. the exterior is not perfect but not really bad. and the interior is gonna get swapped from my gst so... that doesn't really matter. the price of the car is $4,000.... so it is an awesome deal. and it is an awesome car to build off of. i don't need a gsx, i am gonna make this thing my new toy. it is gonna be sweet!

Old 11-19-2007, 06:56 PM

Thats a really good price for all that being done to it. Granted mods dont add value but still..... I want to see some pics of this thing, even if you dont buy it go back and snap some

Old 11-19-2007, 07:21 PM

okay, will do. i am 90% sure i will walk away with it tomorrow!

Old 11-20-2007, 09:19 AM

4k? don't let the good blind you from the bad. test drive it and check it out thuroughly. also, ask for receipts, and where it was tuned at. oh, and a ACT 2100 won't last very long w/ 500 being put down to the wheels. you'll need a heavier duty clutch.

Old 11-20-2007, 11:09 AM

he said he has full documentation of it. i am going to totally check the whole car out. and definitley take it for a test drive. i am not gonna get scammed. the only reason why he said his price is so low, is that in his neighborhood, he only has parking space for one car of his. and this weekend he will be picking up his new Evo... so he put the price really low just for the reason of getting rid of it. he said he doesn't really need the money. he knows already that he is taking a huge los on it, but he said he doesn't care cuz he wants an Evo more than his car. I will take what I can get.

And as for the clutch, I figure I will keep the boost low, and when I take it to my girlfriends brother I will throw in an ACT2900... to make sure all the juice goes to the ground. and then I will sell the old clutch. Plus, I am gonna get a new exhaust manifold..With a car like this, the stock one has got to go.

Quick Reply: how much hp can this setup run?