2nd Generation This includes all Eclipses, and Talons built from 1995-1999

How much will this cost me???help!

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2006, 12:52 AM
Default How much will this cost me???help!

As most of you know i have a 98 gst spyder that has been down for the last 3 months with an assumed bad clutch.One day i came out for work and i just could not get it into gear.I bought a new SBR 4000 clutch kit,ACT streetlite flywheel,SBR LSD insert,SS clutch line,B&M shifter,underhood shifter bushings,shifter base bushings,new clutch fork&ball and BG syncroshift 2 fluid.I want to know what to expect to pay for all this to be installed?I have a guy i know with a shop that i am getting a quote from tomorrow,and i have a couple other options to look at.I want to know what is the average price i should pay for this work,i know it is alot,especially with the LSD,but i dont wanna get screwed and my bank account taken dry.let me know guys......or any of you guys that are capable of doing all this,how much would you charge???

Old 04-08-2006, 01:16 AM
Default RE: How much will this cost me???help!

dam no one has any idea??

Old 04-08-2006, 01:28 AM

ORIGINAL: badass91hatch

As most of you know i have a 98 gst spyder that has been down for the last 3 months with an assumed bad clutch.One day i came out for work and i just could not get it into gear.I bought a new SBR 4000 clutch kit,ACT streetlite flywheel,SBR LSD insert,SS clutch line,B&M shifter,underhood shifter bushings,shifter base bushings,new clutch fork&ball and BG syncroshift 2 fluid.I want to know what to expect to pay for all this to be installed?I have a guy i know with a shop that i am getting a quote from tomorrow,and i have a couple other options to look at.I want to know what is the average price i should pay for this work,i know it is alot,especially with the LSD,but i dont wanna get screwed and my bank account taken dry.let me know guys......or any of you guys that are capable of doing all this,how much would you charge???
I would say no more than $500. Taking a tranny out of a 2g is a pita, but w/ the right tools is very easy and can be done within a hour or two, so think $60-$80/hr @ 2 hours is $160 max, then clutch line takes like 5min, shifter bushings 30min if ya never done it b4, base bushings another 30min, taking the tranny appart and installing the tranny parts 1-2 hours. So yeah it would have to be less than $500. Personally I would just do it myself man. You'd spend all that money on tools and probably still save a few hundred $$. I've done it in my front yard before. Hell I've dropped a 1g tranny on the side of the interstate before.

Old 04-08-2006, 02:12 AM

shoot i would but im capable of no more than a brake job or an average tuneup,there is no way i wanna tackle all that!lol i was hoping no more than $600-$700,if i cant get it below that i will have to keep looking