2nd Generation This includes all Eclipses, and Talons built from 1995-1999

HUGE QUESTION! motor swap

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2006, 09:15 PM
Default RE: HUGE QUESTION! motor swap

You think this is a good idea and that alone is enough to say you have no clue. Becuase it is a HORRIBLE idea for the fact of being cost efficent.

It is cheaper for you to build up your 420a for boost and get a turbo kit like BDhunter did. Look at his car it has A TON of mods and money dumped in hmmmm I wonder why instead of building his POS 420a he didnt just swap a 4G63??? ya get what I mean?

Old 10-24-2006, 12:16 AM

ok now ladies, you are both pretty. the pissing contest is over, bud660r, chill, emonz57 chill. YES it is possible, no its not a good idea, yes it costs way more than the cost of just either buying a GSt or GSX or just building and turbo'ing the 420a. if you have lots of time, money and paitience.... go for it, good luck, like Emonz was saying, the engine is completely backwards fromt he 420a so basically what you have to do is take EVERYTHING out of the engine compartment, place the motor in there with your custom made motor mounts, and then start placing everything back into the engine bay around the engine, after you are done with that fun, you need to get a new ECU, rewire the entire car, then get new suspension for the front for the new weight distribution. so if that sounds like your cup of tea, go for it. OR you can spend 1000-1300, rebuild the engine, spend another 2000-3200 on a tubo kit and tubo your current one... up to you. either way it's more cost efficient to just sell what you have and get a GS-T or GSX. but good luck

Old 10-24-2006, 02:32 AM

2g's are overrated...put the money in restoring the 1g in all its beauty

Old 10-24-2006, 10:55 AM

i dont' like the 1g's i think they are ugly. i think the reason the 2g's seem to be "overrated" and everybody has them is becasue they look so d#*m good lol i LOVE my 2g, even though it's a 420a, it's about to be built and turbo'd

Old 10-24-2006, 11:08 AM

ORIGINAL: RCJr9186

i dont' like the 1g's i think they are ugly. i think the reason the 2g's seem to be "overrated" and everybody has them is becasue they look so d#*m good lol i LOVE my 2g, even though it's a 420a, it's about to be built and turbo'd
I like the 1G looks better. I dont even think the 2G are that good looking. I dont think my EVO is even that good looking lol

Old 10-24-2006, 12:04 PM

i LOVE evo's i was VERY close to buying the EVO VIII MR that my friend bought (the one that got tore up by the mazda 6 and cobalt) YES EMONZ i KNOW something was wrong with it lol aparently the clutch was slipping and he was getting more slippage than grippage and we all thing that is what it is, he just put the AEM twin disk clutch in there and that thing bites harder than a great white. he also just put his HKS catback on there and it sounds good. my friend just took his wing off and is sanding the paint down/off to the carbon fiber and is gonna spray clear on it to make it all carbon fiber, should look good.

Old 10-24-2006, 06:29 PM

i think the 1g is the most beautiful eclipse ever...and 2g's just arent that great. pluss 90-92 dsm=no crankwalk.

Old 10-24-2006, 06:36 PM

yea definately have to give the 1g the engine props but i still give the 2g the looks award any day of the week.

Old 10-24-2006, 08:50 PM

i LOVE evo's i was VERY close to buying the EVO VIII MR that my friend bought (the one that got tore up by the mazda 6 and cobalt) YES EMONZ i KNOW something was wrong with it lol aparently the clutch was slipping and he was getting more slippage than grippage and we all thing that is what it is, he just put the AEM twin disk clutch in there and that thing bites harder than a great white. he also just put his HKS catback on there and it sounds good. my friend just took his wing off and is sanding the paint down/off to the carbon fiber and is gonna spray clear on it to make it all carbon fiber, should look good.
hmmm now it is starting to make some sence

Old 10-24-2006, 09:03 PM

o-well, it sounds like a different project for a diffrent day! but it sounded so SWEET in my head lol

Quick Reply: HUGE QUESTION! motor swap