2nd Generation This includes all Eclipses, and Talons built from 1995-1999

IM a NOOB! Questions??

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2005, 05:50 PM
Default IM a NOOB! Questions??

okay so i dont know much about mitsubishi's/gsx's so im trying to get an idea of what can be done to them... im a honda/acura guy and i just want to learn more about other cars... ok so heres a car im thinking about getting cuz i dont feel like swaping my civic...

1995 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX 5-SPD
here are the mods,

6bolt swap (is that good?)
Evo 3 16g ( somthing to do with no shaft play)
2600 clutch (is that a good clutch for an awd car?)
lighten flywheel (always cool to have)
K&N air filter (woot woot!)
arpheadstuds
evo3 head gasket
no balance shafts( i guess that spose to make your engine last longer? is that true?)
upper hard pipe with 1g bov (whats a hard pipe? and does it make hp?)
3 inch straight pipe with no cat or muffler
blitz turbo timer
defi boostgage
trunck mount battery
halman boost controller (reliable?)
New used tranny(good condition) with 55k- SHIFTS SMOOTH & GREAT, NO GRINDS
Rear lsd(rare for dsm)is that true?

what can you put the boost up to with out risking to break somthing? he said it runs around a 13.1-13.2 does that sound about right? what rpm can you launch this car at without risking a broken axle? what kind of upgrades do you have to do to launch at high R's? silly question but can u make these awd gsx's JUST rear wheel drive? thanks you guys so much sorry if these questions are pointless. thanks for your time

Old 06-25-2005, 07:34 PM
Default RE: IM a NOOB! Questions??

Well it should be running a bit faster than 13.1 unless its on low boost?

6 Bolt swap is very good the stock 7 bolt is unrealiable at high power
The boost controller is fine no problem
The clutch is perfect for AWD maybe a lil tough to drive daily
The hard pipe is the pipe going from the Intercooler to the throttle good to have yes a little more power
1G BOV is good to have the stock one leaks to much
EVO3 turbo is ok i guess better than stock...No shaft play is good it means the turbine doesnt move side to side or up and down which means it mush be fairly new

with the all those mods that car should be in the 12s easy. My friend had a 1991 GSX that ran a 12.9 with intake upper pipe and turbo back exhaust and running 19PSI

Old 07-03-2005, 05:07 PM

ORIGINAL: EMonz57

Well it should be running a bit faster than 13.1 unless its on low boost?

6 Bolt swap is very good the stock 7 bolt is unrealiable at high power
The boost controller is fine no problem
The clutch is perfect for AWD maybe a lil tough to drive daily
The hard pipe is the pipe going from the Intercooler to the throttle good to have yes a little more power
1G BOV is good to have the stock one leaks to much
EVO3 turbo is ok i guess better than stock...No shaft play is good it means the turbine doesnt move side to side or up and down which means it mush be fairly new

with the all those mods that car should be in the 12s easy. My friend had a 1991 GSX that ran a 12.9 with intake upper pipe and turbo back exhaust and running 19PSI
-7 bolt is just as reliable for power, 6bolt is good to swap to is you get crankwalk.
-clutch is good, just as easy to drive as stock if adjusted right
-that turbo is a very good turbo
-13.1 is an extremely good time with no fuel mods. I dont see bigger injectors listed, which means he shouldnt be running more than 15-16psi. That turbo can take the car into 11's with the right fuel mods.

Now that we're clear, all the mods look fine, but do a compression test and if all looks well drive it home.

Old 07-03-2005, 07:29 PM
Super Moderator

If you're planning on running strickly on a strip then that's a decent list of mods but it's DEFINATELY not street legal. You'd need a cat and muffler installed to run streets.

Old 07-03-2005, 08:52 PM

I have seen personally 17 PSI on the Stock T25 with no fuel. Its a friend of mine he runs it all day no fuel cut at all (not aying it not leaning out) and I have another friend who has no fuel running 15PSI in a 95TSI AWD.

I also have to say I was comparing these mods to that of a 1G. I can understand now where the time difference is lol didnt relize we were talking about a 2G

The 7 bolt is reliable if cared for correctly and not over powered. IMO the 6 bolt is much better and didnt they have stronger rods as well?

Old 07-04-2005, 08:58 PM

thicker rods yes but both bottom ends can hold around 400whp and by the time you are making that power you will be doing internal work anyway.

For the 17psi, a t25 is a small turbo and doesnt flow as much air at 17psi so with stock injectors its doable. But this car has a 16g turbo, and with stock injectors 17psi is a bit too high