2nd Generation This includes all Eclipses, and Talons built from 1995-1999

Intercooler Kit

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2007, 03:17 PM
Default Intercooler Kit

I am looking for an IC kit and my budget is 700. Anyone reccomend a kit. There are alot out there and want to do it right. There are alot of ebay kits out there and I don't trust them. Any help would be great. My mods are in my sig. I am looking to just add the IC and have it dyno tunedthen I am done as far as modding my car.

Old 07-28-2007, 04:10 PM
Default RE: Intercooler Kit

i would go with a Greddy or a slowboy racing kit

Old 07-28-2007, 05:18 PM

id avoid greddy because the piping is way too long and the fins are weak. apex has a very nice kit but is expensive. jus look around and try to get a short route piping kit if you can, you will thank yourself

Old 07-28-2007, 08:32 PM

how can talk bad about greddy?
There one of the best companys out there!!!!

Old 07-29-2007, 04:44 AM

...not for all makes and not with all products and not all the time either, just like with any company. The key is to shop and research before buying. Greddy is just the name and they have done well for themselves, but it doesn't mean that they are the absolute.
Short route piping helps keep pressure drop to a minimum and helps eliminate unnecessary piping.

IMO, save another $100 or so and get an ETS kit.
http://www.extremeturbosystems.com/p...products_id=86
This kit uses a short route piping and keeps the foglights
http://www.extremeintercoolers.com/2...eet_strip.html
For the T28, you should have absolutely no knock even after several runs. This is a good kit for the 16g variants too.

Old 07-29-2007, 04:27 PM

I got mine at http://www.extremeturbosystems.com/I got a full kit, all the pipes, FMIC to fit with the stock fog lights of a 2GA, right size for my turbo and welded flange to fit my greddy BOV. All powder coated black. Cost 728$ full kit powder coatedand shipped from WA to NJ. Came with step by step install pictures. Made it rather simple. You will need a grinder or some kind of DA and a drill. Plus your simple hand tools.

Old 07-29-2007, 06:35 PM

^^^with your kit how much modification did u do to the bumper and bumper cover. I have never installed a IC before and just want to know if it is alot of cutting. Iwould like tosave money on install by doing it myself. Don't get me wrong I work with cutting tools all the time but just want to know if it is reallyall that complicated and ifI should let a professional do it.

Old 07-30-2007, 01:02 AM

Getting the bumper on and off involves some know how. You have to take back the inner wheel well to get to a few bolts behind it. Not too bad. If you have a good grinder or some sort you can just grind the bumper down till it fits. Like basically sanding it down. My dad and I did mine in like 5 hours in the driveway. First time ever doing it. We didnt rush it and do a crap job. We took our time and made sure it all fit perfectly. But be easy on that bumper you will crackthe paint.If your turbo faces the pass side you will need to cut out one support on your fan. Doesnt have any effect at all on the fan. If your turbo goes toward the driver side then you dont have to the fan support.

Old 07-30-2007, 02:32 PM

ORIGINAL: 50ul }{4ck3r

how can talk bad about greddy?
There one of the best companys out there!!!!
i can talk bad about them becuase i had the greddy fmic kit an know it isnt very good. Do you have the greddy fmic kit?? How did you like it? I am just saying dont make the same mistake I did and buy it just because its greddy.
reality check-name brands arent always better, sooner u learn that the better.

Old 07-31-2007, 09:05 PM

ORIGINAL: silvercoupe97

...not for all makes and not with all products and not all the time either, just like with any company. The key is to shop and research before buying. Greddy is just the name and they have done well for themselves, but it doesn't mean that they are the absolute.
Short route piping helps keep pressure drop to a minimum and helps eliminate unnecessary piping.

IMO, save another $100 or so and get an ETS kit.
http://www.extremeturbosystems.com/p...products_id=86
This kit uses a short route piping and keeps the foglights
http://www.extremeintercoolers.com/2...eet_strip.html
For the T28, you should have absolutely no knock even after several runs. This is a good kit for the 16g variants too.
With an ets kit it asks which turbo your running I would just select stock since a gt28 has the same housing as a t25 or am I wrong? Just making sure

Quick Reply: Intercooler Kit