2nd Generation This includes all Eclipses, and Talons built from 1995-1999

just got a 97 gs-t in mint cond what should i do now

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2005, 12:11 AM
Default RE: just got a 97 gs-t in mint cond what should i do now

yes but i dont know the good products to get i am new to this type of engin and tuneing a engin i can work wonders with a small block v8 but turbo 4 cilenders i have no clue so i need there help

Old 11-16-2005, 10:00 AM

ok if he has already read the stickys and still has questions i beleve it is almost a duty for the senior members of the forum to help what i am try to say is let him fir away may he didnt understand the sicky and if you dont under stand it please pm a moderator so we can try to work on it i would try but i am not a mod. this forum is about helping others and us when somthing goes wrong and/or we dont know what we are doing please lets not forget that.

Old 11-16-2005, 10:10 AM

Now on for teh boost gauges there are several differant ways to go here are some prices. Boost gauges when buying one of these gauges you will need to consider what you need compaired to what you want. if you plan on running higher boost but not a track monster than a typical 30vac/20psi will be fine for you. Now as for the bars I beleve and correct me if i am wrong but it is like a tac .05 X 10 meens he is running 5psi and so on. Now a electrical or mcanical boost gauge that is personal preferance and compleatly up to you.

Old 11-16-2005, 10:40 AM

NO bars is metric. 1 bar is 14.7 PSI so you multiply 14.7x .5 for example and that = 7.35 PSI.. so a 2bar gauge is going to be 29.5PSI roughly

Honestly it is a pain to learn to convert in your head but you do learn it and the gauge is MUCH easier to read because there are far less hash marks and they are spread out further apart so you can see where you needle is to exact.

An ecletric boost gauge is alot more expensive than a mechanical. I think my gauge is about $120 or so and my old mechanical was $50

Old 11-16-2005, 10:42 AM
Super Moderator

I'd rather have electric myself just due to accuracy and reliability issues. not that mechanicals AREN'T accurate but electrical is more precise and usually much more reliabe.

Old 11-16-2005, 11:00 AM

ORIGINAL: Sanguinius

I'd rather have electric myself just due to accuracy and reliability issues. not that mechanicals AREN'T accurate but electrical is more precise and usually much more reliabe.
That is why I switched... the mechanical you can have a boost leak anywhere from the gauge back to where you tap it into the Manifold and not read accurate boost levels the electric there is no worry of that at all

Old 11-16-2005, 11:09 AM

i would always want a metric boost gauge. then all the ricers wouldn't know what they were looking at and would give me a good laugh

Old 11-16-2005, 11:12 AM

ORIGINAL: eclipsed4u

i would always want a metric boost gauge. then all the ricers wouldn't know what they were looking at and would give me a good laugh
Ya that cracks me up too. in my sig I have a link to pics of my car one pic is the gauge I am at 1.1 bars at 5500RPMs or so and I have been asked " The EVO only runs 1PSI?!?!?!?" I cant help but laugh at it. I got a leaky stock BOV that I am dieing to get rid of it only hold at 16PSI and I pull 18 and hold there untill about 5000-5500RPMs then it leaks and falls to about 16 before redline.

Old 11-16-2005, 11:18 AM

ORIGINAL: EMonz57

Ya that cracks me up too. in my sig I have a link to pics of my car one pic is the gauge I am at 1.1 bars at 5500RPMs or so and I have been asked " The EVO only runs 1PSI?!?!?!?" I cant help but laugh at it. I got a leaky stock BOV that I am dieing to get rid of it only hold at 16PSI and I pull 18 and hold there untill about 5000-5500RPMs then it leaks and falls to about 16 before redline.
ah man....i think i would fall on the ground laughing if somebody said that to me

Old 11-16-2005, 11:24 AM

ORIGINAL: EMonz57

ah man....i think i would fall on the ground laughing if somebody said that to me

No I think still the best I ever had was. this kid he was a passenger in a G35 he rolls down his window as I was getting on it so He could hear the BOV loud and clear, "He says he is that thing Turbo?" I daid eh ya then he goes "do they have a BOV?" Im like ya they all do you kinda need it. he was like WHOA nice I want one of those cars. I just shook my head and stuffed it into 2nd and took off

Quick Reply: just got a 97 gs-t in mint cond what should i do now