2nd Generation This includes all Eclipses, and Talons built from 1995-1999

Just installed my avcr

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2006, 11:53 AM
Default Just installed my avcr

I just installed my avcr and my car isnt running right. The check engine light came on and the car is running rich and has a crappy idle. Also the factory boost gauge isnt working. any suggestions?

Old 04-17-2006, 11:59 AM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Just installed my avcr

there must be a wiring issue. Thats the only thing i can see it bieng

Old 04-17-2006, 12:33 PM

i figured it out, i forgot to hook the mass air back up.

Old 04-17-2006, 12:36 PM
Super Moderator

that would do it

Old 04-17-2006, 04:27 PM

hey how do you like the avcr?i wanted to get it for mine,how hard was the install?

Old 04-17-2006, 07:01 PM

The avcr is pretty good. all it takes is six wires to the ecu, get the harness trough the fire wall (hole where the ecu harness goes throught the fire wall is best), mount the 2 sensors in the engine bay, hook the vacuum lines to the sensors, hook the harness to the sensors, mount the unit, plug the harness into the unit, turn the car on and tune it to where you would like. it took about two hours for 2 people to do this. I mounted mine on the steering column. one of the best features on it is the monitor feature, it will display boost, rpm, speed (in kmph only), throttle, and 2 other things, you can monitor up to four of those. the only thing i dont like about it is you cant toggle between kmph and mph, and bar and psi.

Old 04-17-2006, 08:24 PM

Bars are better and you got a speedo so no need to worry about kph

Old 04-18-2006, 03:21 AM

never understood why apex likes to put a tiny little tach and speedo on their electronics when u have one in your car already. i personally dont like the avc-r an wouldnt reccomend it to most due to its complexity and cost. MBC>greddy profec>>>avc-r

Old 04-18-2006, 09:47 AM
Banned

Well the whole point to have all those options it for your knowledge and for tuning. I love my avcr, just for the pure fact that its all most a little logger. Take for instance, I have it watching RPM, BOOST, and the duty cycle of the controller. It can either recorded that in a line graph, or hold the highest point those all hit. Which is a great tool when you are trying to watch all these gauges at once, which you cant. So at the end of the run, you cant tell what your peek boost was, at what RPM and log your duty cycle. ALSO don't lie because who the hell can get close enough to read those tinny hash marks on the boost gauge. All the other options, such as gear determined boost, or RPM determined boost are even better when you need to limit your boost out of the whole. It may be a little up there in price, but hey its not limited to that one car. So for those of you who say its awful or to complex, your missing out on a great tool.

Old 04-18-2006, 09:52 AM

Complicated? if you read the instructions its pretty simple. its has three different displays that you can choose from, graph, classic gauge, and numbers. the peak and hold is handy when adjusting boost. i personaly think its well worth the money.

Quick Reply: Just installed my avcr