2nd Generation This includes all Eclipses, and Talons built from 1995-1999

just a question

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2004, 12:56 AM
Default RE: just a question

i have problems starting it period.. but i dont think its the starter.. a friend of mine has a comp for them.. and he is going to see whats going on.. the check engine light is always on.. and now the oil guage is reading no oil pressure.. lesson learned (for me) mitsubitchis dont like me but as soon as i find out whats wrong with it.. ill let u know.. we can just start taking bets on whats wrong.. oh and spyder.. im a 23 year old girl that works under my own hood.. i like to get dirty what can i say..

Old 12-08-2004, 02:50 PM

Wow, what a girl. Works on cars And drives an eclipse?!?! There should be more like you. But like i said earlier, just check to make sure eveything is grounded and connected properly. A part can still be in very good shape, but when it's not hooked up properly, it's just dead weight. But it seem like you have more pressing problems, your oil light is pretty much a dummy light. It comes on when you already know there's a problem(i.e. you car is blowing huge clouds of smoke, or you have no oil circulating). It may just be the sensor or circuit going bad, though.

Old 12-08-2004, 09:05 PM

My oil light just came on but I'm not burning anything and my level is fine. Now that it's on I'm not sure where the oil pressure gauge was before it came on, now it's towards the bottom at idle and if I rev it it goes up to just below the next line (little under half way up)

Old 12-09-2004, 12:25 PM

actually my oil pump has decided it wants to be replaced.. so the car has been put in the garage for the winter with testing about to begin.. MuHAHAhaHAhHAhHAh I'm creating a monster masterpiece *evil grin*

Old 12-09-2004, 09:15 PM

OK, not paranoid anymore, my pressure is fine according to the gauge but the light is still on. Do they both use the same sending unit though? I'm probably going to be doing an oil change tomorrow so we'll see what happens.

Old 12-13-2004, 07:20 PM

Did yopu ever get that sorted out vertstang?

Droppedeclipsechic, from bad to worst....but it's always darkest before dawn. Good luck.

Old 12-14-2004, 08:13 PM

Yea, it was gone the day after I changed the oil, guess it just took a few starts or some time sitting to reset. It must not have liked the old oil that was in there.

Old 12-17-2004, 12:18 AM

lol spyder.. its been 4 years now dawn should be approaching any time now.. but i thought about it and im just going to part out my 91 or whatever and i want to get a 97 gsx.. thats what im on the search for now.. as for the gs-t well that one can just find another home also
on the upside that starter should be fixed this weekend

Old 12-17-2004, 01:53 PM

A GSX? You're aiming high.....ready to play with the boys now, huh?

Old 12-19-2004, 05:03 AM

Conversion is cheaper in some cases.

If your oil pump went out I would check the turbo aswell. Starvation can kill it faster than you think.

The starter was a great place to start, but also make sure your fuelpump is sending fuel properly.

Have you looked into a datalogger? Best $150 I have spent, ever. That includes software, cable, and Palm m105.

Quick Reply: just a question