2nd Generation This includes all Eclipses, and Talons built from 1995-1999

kind of off topic

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2008, 02:19 PM
Default kind of off topic

does everybody elses convorsations about cars go like this or just me?

some kid: ya my cars a turbo is yours?
me: ya
some kid: what size turbo you got?
me: a 16g off of an evo 3, u?
some kid: t4
me: ur stupid

i know this isnt really the right place for this post but this is my home
[align=left] [/align]

Old 01-13-2008, 02:23 PM
Rob
Banned
Default RE: kind of off topic

When people ask me about my car, i usually say i don't know **** about it. That tends to eliminate the next question. I hate explaining how everything works everytime someone wants to talk cars.

Old 01-13-2008, 02:55 PM
Super Moderator

well technically there may not be anything wrong with the statement of a T4 but i guess it depends on who its comming from. And most of the time you can tell right off the bat if they know what they are talking about and if its BS

Old 01-13-2008, 06:32 PM

i actually have a good story about that. In pittsburgh my wife was parking for class and there was some dude in the parking lot showing off his eclipse. As she got out of the car she overheard him say, " My car would smoke hers." She had the 4g.. no $h!t right? Anyway... So she walks over really excited and says, "oh my god what a nice car. Show me." So he lifts the hood back up and she points into the engine bay excitably saying, "Oh my god, what is that? Its so awesome what is that?" He looked puzzled and asked her what she was pointing at and without blinking she looks him in the eye, in front of all of his friends, and says, "Thats where your turbo should be."

How awesome is that $h!t.

haha sorry off topic.

Old 01-13-2008, 08:17 PM
Banned

When you decide to kick her *** to the curb, throw her my way

Old 01-13-2008, 08:24 PM

dude, that's an awesome story,haha and yeah you can always tell, sum kid at my school told me his g35 was supercharged, so i told him to show me, once he popped the hood he pointed at a few different things and i started laughing, cuz it wasn't there. and yeah a t4 can be a good housing fore a huge turbo,lol which i doubt he has but just saying

Old 01-13-2008, 08:35 PM

haha oh sebba i knew you would appreciate it. She's probably the only girl i ever met that actually listens when i rattle off car stuff. When we play kings cup and i pick eclipse engine parts as a category, her and I are always the last two standing.

Old 01-13-2008, 08:43 PM

I know a few similar storys lke that myself. Me and darknigh went to autozone in his gsx to pick upafew parts to work on my car. Well this employee there walks up and asks us a **** load of questions about his car. Darknigh tells him its turbocharged and tells the guy he will blow it off for him (no jokes please, that means you sebba ). After the bov discharges the guy hears the noise and says oh my god you have nitrous LOL. I wanted to ****ing hit the numb nuts. He then tells him that he should buy some new headers. Why do all the idiots work at autozone. lol

Old 01-13-2008, 09:02 PM
Banned

BUAAHAHAHAHA... blow it off.

Anyways, yeah thats pretty stupid. I had a guy try and tell me that his G35 was turbo'd... and i asked how many pounds of boost he was running.. and he replied... "Oh, just stock"... so i peek in the interior when hes pulling away... poke my head in through the open window... i see no gauges... aight now i know this dude is a tard. Then i see blue neons..... ergh.

The next day he pops the hood for me... and i see the stock intake... and i look around and i see major over spray. (He just bought the car from carmax) lol... i didnt say A WORD. I actually kinda felt bad for the guy.

Old 01-13-2008, 11:42 PM

Sometimes I feel like the best kind of car knowledge to have is no knowledge. That way it saves you a lot of headache

Quick Reply: kind of off topic