Mitsubishi Forum - Mitsubishi Enthusiast Forums

Mitsubishi Forum - Mitsubishi Enthusiast Forums (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/)
-   2nd Generation (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/2nd-generation-63/)
-   -   Learning THe Standard (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/2nd-generation-63/learning-standard-10851/)

TheEngineer 05-24-2006 11:07 PM

RE: Learning THe Standard

well it took me a couple days to feel comfortable with it. But ill admit, sometimes i still stall it sometimes when i kinda get lasy with it. :D

paintballproam 05-24-2006 11:09 PM

im learning how to drive on a 95 gsx and i keep having problems with take off. But it is starting to need a new clutch anyway

TheEngineer 05-24-2006 11:13 PM

well if it has a bad clutch that could be part of it. A good way to start learning, and its the way i teach people, is to not use the gas...just come off the clutch very slow and youll be able to go. On a flat road of course;). But if your car cant do this then its time for a new clutch.

paintballproam 05-24-2006 11:34 PM

wouldnt it stall if you dont give it gas? i think i let the clutch out to fast or gas to slow

RCJr9186 05-24-2006 11:39 PM

i learned on an 87 Mitsubishi Mighty Max lol i LEARNED how to do it the first day but it took me about a week of practicing about 20-30 mins a day to make my shifts smooth and not grind.

TheEngineer 05-25-2006 12:00 AM

ORIGINAL: paintballproam

wouldnt it stall if you dont give it gas? i think i let the clutch out to fast or gas to slow
no not if you let it out really slow, let it grab slowly and it will start to go, once it starts rolling you can then let it totally grab. Like i said, it will only do this if you have a good clutch

5Tizzle 05-25-2006 01:51 AM

i learned in one day on a 64 econoline 3 on the tree. i burnt out quite a bit of clutch trying to get it up my driveway in third gear, and not being able to get in first.

ncyankeealva 05-25-2006 02:18 AM

def practice hills, and use your e-brake to help you until you get the hang of it

TheEngineer 05-25-2006 10:38 AM

ORIGINAL: Jeffisdecentttttt

i learned in one day on a 64 econoline 3 on the tree. i burnt out quite a bit of clutch trying to get it up my driveway in third gear, and not being able to get in first.
I remember a couple times when i started i did that where i was in third and not first and tried to go. I stalled it twice until i noticed, :D

mysterio2099 05-25-2006 12:59 PM

I've only driven a stick twice in my life.. 1st was some old 90's Hyndai car, and the other was a Chevy S10. I drove the truck fine, just shifted really slow to make sure I got it.. the car was a different story.. I stalled 5 times trying to start out... and my first time shifting from 2nd to 3rd, I threw it back down to 1st and my uncle (it was his car.. he was in the passenger seat) went into the windshield, lol ... wear your seat belt kiddies :D