2nd Generation This includes all Eclipses, and Talons built from 1995-1999

lets all get together and laugh dsmers

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2007, 11:19 AM
Default lets all get together and laugh dsmers

alright so one of my buddies last night and we all started talking about cars and stuff and i was talking about my old gst and he was talking about his buddies honda crx...well heres the funny part we kinda got into an argument b/c he says that his buddies crx could beat my gst...the crx has intake borla full exhaust b16 v-tec bored out to a 1.8L and racing headers...he said that it was running 9.8 in the 1/8 which i found funny b/c thats damn near 20 secs in the 1/4 and he said that his this crx raced a gst eclipse with a 20g turbo fmic exhaust and aftermarket turbo manifold that he claims was running 10.6 in the 1/8...he also said that in this crx his buddy beat a v8 mustang with a supercharger and a trans am with a chevy 400 engine in it...what do you guys think about this...b/c i sure as hell think he's full a S H I T lol

Old 04-13-2007, 11:33 AM
Default RE: lets all get together and laugh dsmers

bs.. He didnt race an eclipse with a 20g turbo doing 10.8 in a 1/8 mile.. Does he have a link to his car on the internet anywhere? And nor would he beat you unless your motor blows if he runs that slow in a 1/8 either..

Old 04-13-2007, 11:37 AM

I just about to make a new thread I will just add to yours. I went to Dominos Pizza last night to get a Brooklyn Pizza to eat while i watch Pimp My Ride. This dude that works there was like nice car. he drives a Saturn this dude goes to tell me his Old 1st Gen Sat runs 10's at the track and he is keeping it a sleeper. I really don't beleieve a POS like that could run anything under a 16 but, thats just me guessing.

Old 04-13-2007, 11:46 AM

Unless its a drag car that was built, chances arent very good it runs 10's...

Saturn hasnt had anything good come from there till the redline.. I havnt heard of anyone running 10's with a redline, but I guess it could be possible with a ton of $$$$$$$$.. I would call bs though without seeing it

Old 04-13-2007, 11:53 AM

dude, no way that thing runs 10's the gsrb16 which is the most powerful one they make runs like high 13's low 14's i'm pretty sure. basically it' nothing but 190bhp in a light car. btw Advocate, do you know what you are running in the quarter?? i'm curious what 20g would do.

Old 04-13-2007, 11:54 AM

lol no he doesnt have a link he says he has the track time and what not on a sheet from the track but i mean whats he gonna show me...how ****in slow that crx was and unless that gst with the moded turbo ran like first gear all the way down the track and decided oh well i'll just keep it aroun 5500 rpm then theres just no way possible that a gst eclipse ran 10.6 in the 1/8 lol i laughed in his face...he was like you get another gst and i'll get that crx and we'll race and i was like look make sure you bring a shovel with you b/c one im done dusting that POS your gonna have to dig that bitch back out of the dirt....lol it was some really funny stuff b/c he was getting all pissed off and stuff...talking about how acura and honda were better than mitsu and they ran faster and harder and all this crap lol it was just trippin me out...then i told him once i finished his *** off in the gst then i'll trade that for a gsx and dust his *** ever harder with that and he was like that gsx is even slower than the gst and i kinda just laughed and walked away...he seems to think that a gst cant boost over 7psi with the stock turbo...lol w/e

Old 04-13-2007, 11:58 AM

mm hmm... this guy is outa his f**king mind. he MUST be talking about a 1.6L b16 running in the 1/8'th lol my 140bhp eclipse w/ headerback exhaust, cai and b&m short shifter gutted out ran a best time of 10.42 in the 1/8th. and not trying to brag or anything, but, i can drive.

Old 04-13-2007, 12:01 PM

lol i know man its crazy haha i mean im not quite as prejudice on hondas as some people on this site but lol i just think its funny how he thinks that crx would beat a gst or even that a gst would pull something that high in the 1/8 lol its just funny...i mean shouldnt a gst pull like 6's or something like that in the 1/8 or actually it would be like 6.5-7 wouldnt it...b/c the 1/4 is lik mid 14's or 13's or something like that for a stock gst...i think

Old 04-13-2007, 12:14 PM

Ive only run it once, and It was 20.? in the 1/4 mile.. I made it through the first 2 gears, and a harness popped off and I coasted the rest of the way down the track... So with 2 gears I still should be able to beat a cargo van in the 1/4 mile. I only ran it once b/c we thought it was blowing the coil pack each time it did that.. Ended up it was just a harness popping off and the car wasnt getting a spark anymore after that.. Now the problem is fixed and ready to be tested again this year

Old 04-13-2007, 12:15 PM

a stock gs-t runs mid-high 14's in the quarter i believe. but it doesn't take much to get into the low 14's high 13's. a stock gs-t vs a GSR b16 gutted hatch/del sol/crx would actually be a decent race. but w/ a 20g... it's over

Quick Reply: lets all get together and laugh dsmers