51.61%
Don't Like
48.39%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

Like My Paint Progress?

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2006, 01:04 PM
Default RE: Like My Paint Progress?

ok first I asked how do paint the car on adobe which is what both those 3rd GEN's are painted on. And has anyone in this room painted a car before???? You can't use pre mixed paint with out primer and a clear coat with out it looking like shyt. It doesn't matter how easy it makes it sound. Painting a car is a really big task. If you want it done right. I'm painting my 3rd GEN. And that will make my sixth car painted and I don't think any of them look bad. their all show cars and all of them have won from the paint.

Old 03-28-2006, 01:21 PM
Super Moderator

Now ryen if you read the thread in the tech section I told ICT it'd be difficult BUT on the other hand if he wants to start painting cars he has to start somewhere. How about some advice for the guy on gear and paint info? I'm sure the first cars you painted didn't have a show quality. The whole reason the forum is here is to help each other and learn from the collective knowledge of the group. So what tips and tricks ya got for us Ryan? (I'm also considering at least doing a wet sanding and reapplication of clearcoat to one of my cars).

Old 03-28-2006, 07:08 PM

Do body kits usually come already primed? Also, you said that a pre-mix paint needs to be laid on primer and clearcoated. I was planning on getting the clearcoat with the paint, but can't I just sand down the clearcoat that's on the car now and use the original silver as a primer when I do actually paint the whole car? One more question, what size tip do you recommend on a gravity fed sprayer for painting large surfaces using a metal flake?

Old 03-28-2006, 08:43 PM

Definately do it yourself if you know how. I did it with my car and i probably spent 500 dollars and it was a great paintjob. The prep is 85% of the work, dont get exited and just think its ready. You really need to make sure its completely ready. All of my paint jobs except for a motorcycle i did, ive never used a primer on and they turned out wonderful. You just have to make sure you degrease the car before you sand and after. Make sure you have a great gun, i prefer gravity feed guns and clean it well, after each time using it. Do not use a primer that is not the same brand as the paint unless you research it. Before i started painting a friend of mine did that and primed the whole front bumper we got in and then painted it and it was not pretty. Now some you can but research it seriously before doing that. Also when i said the bronze rims and added a silver lip i dont know why i said that. A full Bronze rim would look great if you choose that color.

Old 03-30-2006, 01:27 PM

Well, being a body and paint guy myself, I hate to say it, but I really don't like it. I mean, awesome for you, you have your own opinions as we all do, but the whole orange/black deal isn't doing it for me slick. Also, the graphics could be a little more exciting, those seem to bland and don't flow with the car, you are better off going with something more curvy that really flow with the body lines.

Old 03-30-2006, 02:14 PM

Well, those are just quick things I did in Photoshop. I really like Orange/Gunmetal but I can't think of any 2 tone scheme that would look good so for now I'm just gonna match the kit to the stock silver.

Old 03-30-2006, 06:32 PM
Super Moderator

A scheme I have always thought looked REALLY sharp was the black and silver 2 tone with electric blue seperating line and badges or decals in electric blue...

Old 03-31-2006, 02:55 PM
Banned

^^^ agree

Old 04-01-2006, 12:09 AM
Super Moderator

damn this poll is alot closer than car of the month

Old 04-01-2006, 11:51 AM

ummm, krylon flat black, anyone?....lol

Quick Reply: Like My Paint Progress?