2nd Generation This includes all Eclipses, and Talons built from 1995-1999

Looking for some feedback.

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2007, 02:31 PM
Default Looking for some feedback.

Hey guys I started a new project recently and I wanted to get some input. All I ask is that you keep the criticism constuctive. Anyway here is the link to my Tripod site. Thanks for looking. http://crazystyle2.tripod.com/

Old 06-08-2007, 08:09 AM
Default RE: Looking for some feedback.

so... we are taking a2g eclipse, and trying to make it an FTO. rhd swap, v6 swap, body work, and now a full body roll cage b/c of the targa top... no offense dude but why in the hell are you doing all of this work (which will end up costing well over 10k in the end) when you could just buy an FTO?

Old 06-08-2007, 08:35 AM

The FTO motor isnt as wonderful as all that. ButI think its an interesting project...though I would have left the 4g63t... assuming it started off with one. That frame WILL need to be reinforced... a LOT to support the targa mod youve done.
As for mutilating a Talon... Cmon man... couldnt you have just killed an RS or something?? [:@]

Old 06-08-2007, 11:27 AM

An RS? Why an RS? Oh because it's not turboed or AWD it makes it right to
damage an RS. Don't disrespect another Eclipse just because
it's not as fast. In the end it's still an Eclipse just like everybody else's. And it has an decent engine
there is nothing wrong with my 2.0 DOHC 5spd. How would you feel if everyone talked badly about
something you like or love alot? wouldn't feel to good would it? [sm=nono.gif]

Old 06-08-2007, 11:33 AM

dude, take a chill pill... it's not that its a bad car, i have an rs too... it's that it costs a lot less money is less rare than a gsx or a tsi... he spent all the money on the car for all the stuff that he's taking out for the most part... whats the point? so don't get all in a huffy, nobody was disrespecting your rs, they were just trying to make sense of the matter

Old 06-08-2007, 11:41 AM

Sense of what? Why would you say "couldnt you have just killed an RS or something?? "
For what reason?? Is that showing repsect to an RS?? Tell me please.

Old 06-08-2007, 11:48 AM
Super Moderator

You are looking at having to do alot of support to it as well. Because the eclipse was not built to hold a v6 weight. So your gonna need to upgrade all the suspension parts as well as stabilize the sides of the car and roof if you plan on a targa.Cuz you loose alot of rigidity when cuz a roof

Old 06-08-2007, 11:50 AM
Super Moderator

and swift why are you getting all pissy. All he is saying is that a 420a rs would have been better to take apart rather than messing up a 4g63. Which if you dont agree with that then your retarded. If you havnt coped with the fact that your rs is slow and the engine is not a very good base, then im sorry

Old 06-08-2007, 12:00 PM

I don't race dick. So i can careless if it's slow or not, I just need it
to run so I can take care of my business and where I need to go. Im on this
site because I like Eclipse's. If that's where he was going with it then Yes im out of line,
but the reason why he did'nt use an RS is because it's not fast Numnuts. Get it?

Old 06-08-2007, 01:13 PM

hey "Numnuts", what is the ponit in pulling apart a fast car which is more valuble rather than a slower eclipse that is at the bottom on the food chain when it comes to DSM's... think about it, turbocharged, internals can hold 450whp, better suspension, and faster VS. n/a, barely 110whp stock, internals can hold....200whp?, oh, and cheaper. which one would you choose to buy just to take apart? besides, if he had any common sense he'd use just a shell for the build and wouldn't have much to strip down.

Quick Reply: Looking for some feedback.