Mitsubishi Forum - Mitsubishi Enthusiast Forums

Mitsubishi Forum - Mitsubishi Enthusiast Forums (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/)
-   2nd Generation (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/2nd-generation-63/)
-   -   Manual Boost Controller (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/2nd-generation-63/manual-boost-controller-2824/)

vertstanggt 12-16-2004 09:54 PM

Manual Boost Controller

Hey, I was thinking of getting a manual boost controller (along with a good boost gauge) and was wondering if anyone had any suggestions. For now I wouldn't do much expect maybe a psi or two increase and just wanted to know what brands you guys had experience with. I would like something I can control from the interior.

Spyderman9803 12-17-2004 05:55 AM

RE: Manual Boost Controller

I have a Hallman BC. I love it. I'd highly recommend it.

vertstanggt 12-19-2004 02:35 AM

cool, I'll have to check them out.

midnght 12-19-2004 03:48 AM

I run a $50 slowboy racing MBC. Does its job reliably from 12psi to 30psi. It is going to really depend on your bypass valve. What is already done to the car performance wise?

vertstanggt 12-24-2004 10:49 PM

Right now not much, I have an intercooler piping set on order and will top that off with a greddy bov. I have a turbo timer that I am in the middle of putting in now (not really performance but...). I wanted to maybe get a manual controller and just up it a copule psi with the help of boost gauge. Just to give it a little extra if I wanted it.

midnght 12-25-2004 01:19 AM

I suggest the Slowboy racing. Cheap and reliable.

If you are getting the GReddy Piping kit and the Type-S I say go for it. I ran 17psi with just that and the addition of a FIPK (3000GT's), new MSD wires, and the is all. Was very descent for what it was.

Mind you I was still on the STOCK exhaust and STOCK fuel then aswell. 17psi ran just fine.

vertstanggt 12-25-2004 01:57 AM

I'm sure I won't even run close to that, maybe 12 on the weekends;) but mostly I just want to be able to turn it up not all the time. But knowing me I'll probably turn it up a little bit and want to keep it that way.

midnght 12-25-2004 02:18 AM

If you want to fluctuate then go with an EBC. Most FWD guys do atleast a dual stage (hi-LO) setting for traction help.

I go against the grain though. Straight MANUAL and I have cut 2.1 60' on street tires. Not anything like RWD cars, but repsectable with a highpowered FWD, I guess.

vertstanggt 12-25-2004 02:21 AM

That's why I've been looking at the kits I can control from inside the car. I'd much rather just spend some extra time whenever I felt like changing it doing the adjustment than spending like 4 or 500 bucks on an electronic one.

midnght 12-25-2004 02:36 AM

Hallman Evo all the way. They have had great reviews.