2nd Generation This includes all Eclipses, and Talons built from 1995-1999

MBC's???

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2005, 11:15 AM
Default MBC's???

Alright as you all know im the guy that plans on racing my buddys 04 srt-4. Now the race is next weekend and im tryin to get a mbc before then. Has anyone ever heard joepmbc.com? The mbc's there are 45$ with shipping. They make 2 different models xz or the xz-s. The xz is the upgraded "orginal" one and the xz-s is supposed to be for sensitive boost...for users that dont plan on pushin 7psi over stock. Which one should i get for my 97 gst spyder (w/stock t25)? or should i just say screw it and wait till next summer and a electronic one. I have it ready for a boost controller just havent decided yet on weather the electronin ones are worth it.

Old 10-28-2005, 04:08 PM
Default RE: MBC's???

The problem I've always seen with MBC's over EBC's is the fact that most cheaper MBC's tend to spike boost after a certain point. I like them for slight adjustments but for any major improvement in boost I would go with an EBC. I hope you have a BOV in that spyder? If not, you will not be able to get above stock boost with it. I'm not a huge fan of the way they setup the srt-4's anyways. I just don't like the idea of running 3 diff. boost levels in diff. gears. Kinda redundant. Pull hard in one gear and slow down in others. Kinda stinks....[:@]

Old 10-28-2005, 07:33 PM

I dont like the MBC for one main reason. I can run 19PSI right now during the day it is fine but it gets cold at night I spool up and end up at 21PSI and fuel cut if I dont notice it. I need to adjust twice a day and it getrs old real quick

Old 10-28-2005, 08:27 PM

Go with a joepmbc.com my friend has it on his msp. ITs very similar to the 4g63, even has mitsu logos under the hood. That dude makes one hell of a mbc. 45 bucks, life time warrenty, just make sure that you get rush shipping if you need it by next weekend. Like mentioned eariler tho if you ahve a stock bov, for get about it, you will just purg it all out, and if you get slick and throw a stronger spring in the bov it may not vent at partial throttle, which mean compressor surge, which means broken turbo. I ahvent herd a bad thing about a joe mbc yet all good stuff.

Emonz dont you mean a ebc?

Old 10-28-2005, 09:14 PM

ORIGINAL: slow420a
Emonz dont you mean a ebc?
No the MBC you need to get out of the car to adjust boost levels. It gets old when you gotta change it twice a day an it is never where you wwant it on the 1st try so you gotta make like 5 pit stops before you got your #s right. and EBC will stay at a set # of PSI if you say 19PSI it will stay there for the most part and if not you can adjust on the fly without even pulling over

Old 10-29-2005, 03:03 AM

What i dont under stand is why the cold air is amking your boost levels go up and down. My friend has a ebc on his boosted 430a and that thing spikes everywhere like its its job. Where my other friend has a mbc on his 4g63 and that thing is solid.

Old 10-29-2005, 10:02 AM

ORIGINAL: slow420a

What i dont under stand is why the cold air is amking your boost levels go up and down. My friend has a ebc on his boosted 430a and that thing spikes everywhere like its its job. Where my other friend has a mbc on his 4g63 and that thing is solid.
We go from 80 degrees during the day and down to high 40s at night right now. When it changes the boost levels do slightly. No matter what you do have boost spike. I peak at around 19PSI and after a few 100RPMs fall back to 17-18. Also I am using the Greddy electric gaige so it is alot more accuarte than a mechanical gauge. with an EBC the temps outside wont change your boost because the EBC will adjust acordingly where as a MBC you have to adjust it.

The boost changes depending of efficiency and density which both change with tepms. My car hauls when its in the 50s/40s but inthe 80s its adog even if I run higher boost.

Old 10-29-2005, 08:15 PM

yea i do have a HKS ssqv bov on my spyder...w/a few other goodies at the bottom of page. So is it a yay or nay on the mbc? I really want to kick his @$$. Most likely ill get a ebc next summer but until then i want to be able to run bout 14 to 15 psi? is that possible with out damaging anything? i know theres been lots of talk bout this but i just thought i would ask...you guys are the pros lol.

Turbo back greddy exhaust
Upper ic pipe upgrade
ACT clutch
injen intake
msd wires
hks ssqv

Old 10-29-2005, 09:04 PM

Is your SSQ VTA or recirc? because VTA will cause you too wait for a little more spool time when changing gears. But yes with a MBC you can run 14PSI I Have seen some guys running 18 on stock fuel but you really shouldnt do that staying under 16 will be fine. A MBC isnt that bad but can be a pain to have to adjust everyday.

Old 10-30-2005, 01:46 AM

ORIGINAL: EMonz57

Is your SSQ VTA or recirc? because VTA will cause you too wait for a little more spool time when changing gears. But yes with a MBC you can run 14PSI I Have seen some guys running 18 on stock fuel but you really shouldnt do that staying under 16 will be fine. A MBC isnt that bad but can be a pain to have to adjust everyday.
The simplest way to fix the vent problem.... dont take your foot off the gas while shifting, no bov release, no down time.

Quick Reply: MBC's???