2nd Generation This includes all Eclipses, and Talons built from 1995-1999

To the Moderators

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2007, 01:42 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: To the Moderators

why did you post up all the crap about the vette. NO ONE was comparing the two. We were saying you CANT compare them. So i dont even see the point of your "2 cents". We were trying to prove to sound that the Evo is not overpriced compared to what you are getting. And dicrediting his arguements. But what you have posted does not in any way go with this. All you stated is the obvious, the Z06 is alot faster than an Evo. Good Job [sm=smiley20.gif]

Old 03-20-2007, 01:47 PM

this whole thread has been a bunch of non sence so it didn't suprise me.if you matched prices with the 2 cars... what i mean is buy a 50k z06 and put 6k into it ur lookin at 56k. if you get an evo and match the price- dump 36k into the car it will outrun that z06 like it's nothing!

Old 03-20-2007, 02:05 PM

Also, lets see which one of those are still running at the end of 5 years... Ive got good money saying the Corvette is going to be scrapped after year 3... or sold to some high school kid that doesnt know any better. 8cyls are fun... but are not known as reliable cars.

Old 03-20-2007, 02:15 PM

hey cmon now guys lol this post is nothing but hostile arguments about a bunch of b/s and i just proved that lol i wasnt trying to do anything but say i feel like saying lol i love chevy vettes are faster and gas guzzlers and cost a lot more and are less reliable but in reality anything with that kind of hp is going to be unreliable to some point b/c of the stress you are putting on the car with that much power not to mention what in this thread has any anything to do with what it was originally started to be...notta so why not just give it up and stop bitchin each other out b/c essentially that all you are all doing lol...who cares if sound thinks the sti is better than the evo and who cares if you think the evo is better than the sti you guys wanna settle something take your muscle to the track and lay down some rubber instead of wasting your time arguing about what car is better on here lol come on guys this is just stupid lol this whole thread is irrelevant to anything...that just the point im trying to make...

Old 03-20-2007, 03:50 PM

the subject changed when mr make sence SoundColor out of nowhere said that EVO's cost to much...

Old 03-20-2007, 03:55 PM

lol whats it matter if he thinks it cost too much lol...you know what that means haha...it means that he'll never drive an evo b/c he dont want to come off with the cash mabe he would rather come off with it for an sti ok so what lol if you had the money you would come off for an evo...its all a matter of opinion lol thats all just like some people might not wanna agree with me coming off with 56k for a z06 lol you know what i mean...perfection is in the eye of the beholder and if he doesnt like an evo then so what as long as you like it and dont feal like its too much then who cares what he thinks or what you think or what i think or what the ******** next door thinks...lol as long as he's happy and your happy and im happy whose gives a **** what everyone else thinks lol you know what i mean man

Old 03-20-2007, 04:14 PM

it's not a matter of him spending his money on an evo, sti, z06 or a pinto. he was saying that they were overpriced b/c the lancers were less than 10k. it's like comparing a model rocket to a space shuttle. i don't care what he thinks i really don't, but i don't want him downtalking a car b/c of his incorrect opinion. i somebody were in the market for an evo and saw his stupid @$$ post (granted that they would have to be stupid enough to belive him) than there goes an evo fan.

Old 03-21-2007, 12:36 AM

lol,
I knew I would get strung up for that ****.
Chill guys,
i only posted my own opinion. Dont ask that anyone agrees with me. Thats just my opinion.
LOL,
this is to funny

Old 03-21-2007, 12:53 AM

Dood, you guys need to chill,
I was stating my opinion.
AGAIN. for the final time.
THE EVO IS A GREAT CAR, IT DESERVES ALL THE RESPECT, AND HONORS IT HAS ACHEIVED. MITSU DESERVES A HUGE PAT ON THE BACK FOR THE HUGE EFFORT THE PUT INTO ONE HELLUVA FINE MACHINE.

I dont dis-agree with you guys for the most part. I do dis-agree with a few things, they are this.
First, the Evo did not come before the lancer. Just like the chicken and the egg. The lancer came first, Mitsu converted it for Rally use. And you say I dont know what the **** I am talking about. Get it right bro, and dont go getting all pissy with me. I didnt personally bash anyone on here, and never have. Your a moderator, and are supposed to be setting the tone for everyone else. Dont get pissy, and start dis-respecting someone else because they have a diffrent opinion than yours. There is no need for that bull**** on here

Second. The Evo could well not be even related to the same chassis. I stated that before, and I guess I have to say it again. I AM NOT AN EVO MASTER. I DONT KNOW. HOWEVER I AM PRETTY SURE THEY USE DIFFRENT PLATFORMS.
If you failed to read that part, geez, I am sorry.

As for sport compact car, or car and driver or anyone else saying the EVO won in any comparison test. Whatever. Apparently no one here but me goes by the numbers posted. All the car mags choose what car they want to win mostly on THEIR OPINION OF THE BETTER CAR. not the numbers. I dont have any problem with this. All i stated was that the STi is faster, handles pretty damn close, and turns faster lap times. Sorry if that knocks the great evo down a notch in someones mind. To me, It doesnt. Personally, I lover Ferrari's and like any true Ferrari fan, I despise Lamborghini. Does that mean that any car lambo makes is a horrible waste of space. (IMO yes) but in reality, NO. They make great cars, and are finally on track with what their cars cost as far as design, reliablity, and performance go.
The EVO is a great car, I just dont like it. THATS ME, NOT YOU.

And as far as the Neon goes. As Racer55x stated. IT IS A DAMN NEON. PERIOD, NO TWO WAYS ABOUT IT. IT HAS THE SAME CHASSIS, it uses most of the same parts. It has basically the same interior. The motor, and springs/shocks and brakes are diffrent. It also has larger anti-roll bars, but it is still a NEON. FOR CRIPES SAKE.

geez guys, cant we all just get along.?

Old 03-21-2007, 02:49 AM

once again you said nothing about the original point you failed to make^ the whole evo is so much more expensive then a lancer thing...you started all this bull**** and got flamed for it...now end it by not posting. An then you go on to say lambos suck when you drive a mitsu...have you ever owned a ferrari or lambo?