2nd Generation This includes all Eclipses, and Talons built from 1995-1999

money to spend

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2006, 05:42 PM
Default money to spend

ok i just got 1000$ check in the mail from my aprt. complex for their inconviences lol and im wondering what would be the best thing to buy for my 97 gst spyder.
I already have some goodies i just need a little advice on what else to get. I was thinkin of gettin a big t28 w/560 injectors and 190lph pump. What do you think?

ACT 2100 clutch
Intercooler piping
HKS ssqv bov
Injen intake
greddy 3in Turboback exhaust
MBC
MSD wires

WHAT ELSE!!!

Old 05-04-2006, 05:50 PM
Banned
Default RE: money to spend

Screw the T28... the T28 is good if you only want to run 15psi... i say get a good 16g. That way you can have some money left for an intercooler. If your on a budget... how about a Supra SMIC? Or of you dont want to get an intercooler just make sure you have removed all the plascit **** thats in front of it.

Old 05-08-2006, 01:37 AM

get a good clutch and flywheel set up that ay you can hold the power in the future.

Old 05-08-2006, 10:06 AM

i have a question, how much boost are you pushing and how does the HKS SSQ sound? i'm in a debate on whether to go w/ GReddy type S or SSQ...

Old 05-08-2006, 10:53 AM
Super Moderator

IMO i dont really like the HKS ssqv sound. to me its way to loud and ricey sounding. I like the greddy much better

Old 05-08-2006, 03:19 PM

ok well i got my buddys t-28 for like 100$ because he just got kicked out of his house and needed some money and his car is totaled. He has a fmic that he wants to sell me for like 50$ but i was thinkin i could just use my stock smic because its a t28 and not that big of a difference from the t25. If i put the fmic on my car with my t28 would it benefit me or would it actually hinder my performance? Also, what size injectors and fuel pump would be best for the T-28? Whats the limit on psi that the stock internals can hold? I want to do this right and dont wanna rebuild the engine because i was ignorant.

oh yea RCJr9186 the ssqv is nice if you recirculate it. It is loud but the recirculation kit quiets it down some and it dosent sound quite as ricey and it looks sweet under the hood. I've heard good things about the Greddy type S too so its up to you.

Old 05-08-2006, 11:02 PM
Super Moderator

the t-28 really isnt even much of an upgrade, so you really could just stay with all the stock parts, (SMIC, fuel, ect.) on stock fuel you really dont want to boost anymore than 17psi. And even if the internals can handle more than that i dont think the turbo becomes effiecient over that boost. If you got the FMIC i think you would see alittle difference in the performance but not much. I dont think it will hurt though.

Old 05-09-2006, 02:46 AM

ORIGINAL: TheEngineer

IMO i dont really like the HKS ssqv sound. to me its way to loud and ricey sounding. I like the greddy much better

Yeah i dont like it either. Its too high pitched, and makes me want to punch something or someone(i dont know why...) BUT if you plan to run like 35+ pounds of boost, then they sound really sweet because they make a chugging double sound like CHH-CHHHHH

Old 05-09-2006, 02:48 AM

ORIGINAL: DixonsGst

ok well i got my buddys t-28 for like 100$ because he just got kicked out of his house and needed some money and his car is totaled. He has a fmic that he wants to sell me for like 50$ but i was thinkin i could just use my stock smic because its a t28 and not that big of a difference from the t25. If i put the fmic on my car with my t28 would it benefit me or would it actually hinder my performance? Also, what size injectors and fuel pump would be best for the T-28? Whats the limit on psi that the stock internals can hold? I want to do this right and dont wanna rebuild the engine because i was ignorant.

oh yea RCJr9186 the ssqv is nice if you recirculate it. It is loud but the recirculation kit quiets it down some and it dosent sound quite as ricey and it looks sweet under the hood. I've heard good things about the Greddy type S too so its up to you.

If its a huge fmic, it will hinder your performance....but if its not too big, FMICs always look pretty freakin sweet

Old 05-09-2006, 10:48 AM

if i were running 30+ lbs of boost... i'd be running a Towell BOV!!! i've only heard 1 ever on a streetfire vid of a supra vs a blown cobra. - http://videos.streetfire.net/categor...EA9EFF8278.htm

Quick Reply: money to spend