2nd Generation This includes all Eclipses, and Talons built from 1995-1999

motor swap

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2005, 11:01 AM
Default RE: motor swap

dude, you don't have a civic. forget about engine swaps.

Old 10-28-2005, 02:24 PM
Super Moderator

Here's what you need to do with your engine and head. Take the engine and rip out ALL the wiring and hoses in the engine compartment to fit it in there then call a tow truck to take the POS away cuz you JUST jacked EVERYTHING up. Now set the head on it's side camshafts sticking up and sit on them rotating until the entire head is no longer visible. Then find some group of tuner wannabes to talk too about this fantasy BS.

Old 10-30-2005, 09:46 AM

ORIGINAL: Sanguinius

I'm not quite sure the relationship of DSM to Chrysler-Diamler but I KNOW they've been with Plymouth since the 80's (I had an '84 Plymouth Colt and the rear side window said Imported by Mitsubishi).
what you said said it all just a question but do you really know what dsm is? lets recap the "dsm" era of cars was the allience between Plymouth/Chrysler and mitsubishi fourming the name Dimond"mitsu logo" Star "Plymouth/Chrysler logo" Motors. the era of the dsm car itself was from 89-99. hope this explained it a little more? this is why there are 420a adapted to the neon and teh 4g63 which evo's use.

Old 10-30-2005, 11:46 PM
Super Moderator

Clears things up a bit. I know more about the ANCIENT history of the chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth legacy than the new age. You know like WAY back when Nash and Hudson first combined to form AMC... I know the history up to about the 70's

Old 10-31-2005, 02:29 AM

YA Sanguinius do you really know about cars or to you just talk out your ***!!!! The 4g63-T head will fit on the 4g64 they are both from a 91' so they are simmiler!! So i've been on this site for a week or so and everytime someone brings up a motor swap or any dramastic change to there car someone always talks **** and its quite old. Yes it is possible to do the head swap and yes it is possible to TO THE MOTOR SWAP, WHAT I WAS ASKING WAS HAS ANYONE ON HEAR DONE THE SWAP TO SEE HOW DIFICOLT IT IS. BUT AS I SEE YOU GUYS (MOST OF YOU NOT ALL) JUST LIKE TO DO BOLT ON HORSE POWER. SO YOU GUYS SHOULD HAVE JUST BOUGHT A CIVIC. THE REASON WHY IM DOIN MY SWAP IS TO ACTULLY PUT POWER IN TO MY CAR INTERNAL AS WELL AS EXTERNAL. FOR YOU GUYS OUT THERE THAT WANT TO DO THE SWAP JUST GO WITH A DO IT, DO NOT LET ALL THESE FAST IN THE FERIOUS GUY'S TALK YOU OUT OF IT, ALL THEY DO IS BUY NEW CARS PUT RIMS ON THEM EXHAUST,INTAKE,BOV AND THINK THERE **** ROCKS. SORRY WRONG THERE'S MORE TO IT THAN THAT. THE 4g63-t 6 bolt is way better than you neon motor homes so do the swap. Oh google does not answer everything

Old 10-31-2005, 05:05 AM
Super Moderator

How about this frankenstine Go take your engine bolt whatever up to it that you want and I just want to see the pics of it AFTER you've mange to blow the thing to bits because you don't care to take into account ANY experience that anyone else here has had. If we're THAT bad at things then feel frree to stop bothering to come to this forum and do some reasearch online. The questions you've asked are in the forum here somewhere else anyways had you bothered SEARCHING for 5 minutes for it. But you can't be troubled to do that you'd like to just have people answer the same old questions over and over why don't YOU get a civic and then you can bug THOSE forums for if you can bolt a 4G63 head to a B16 block. This will be the LAST thread of YOURS I'll BOTHER with answering. Hope you sell the rollinig chassis to someone that KNOWS what they;re doing after you've cooked the engine.