2nd Generation This includes all Eclipses, and Talons built from 1995-1999

my new GS-T

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2007, 04:34 AM
Default RE: my new GS-T

It is a GS-T lol. Has 111000 miles and i paid 8700 for it. I will take some BIGGER pics when i get it home.

Old 02-22-2007, 09:35 AM
Super Moderator

well if its got coilovers then you can just raise up the hieght.

Old 02-22-2007, 10:08 AM

yea, definatly check to see what you have before you just replace them. if they are cut springs, replace them. if they are lowering springs, sell them and get whatever height ones you want. if they are coilovers, most decent coilovers for our cars are 700+ so just raise them and keep them is what i say.

Old 02-22-2007, 10:45 AM

I hope there coilovers! The one Thing i have ben reading about and am kinda worried aboutis crackwalk. Some people say its rare and others say its not. I know that There is no way to prevent it with a 7 bolt. How many people have had "run-ins" with crank walk here? Should i be worried?
thanks,

Old 02-22-2007, 11:21 AM

crankwalk is a very real threat for 2g eclipses but it's not as common as a lot of ppl make it out to be. there are a lot of theories about why the crank actually walks but nothing confirmed. the best bet to completely be safe is to do a 6 bolt swap (1st gen eclipse turbo engine block) they do NOT walk. but no need in doing this until your engine craps out on you. my suggestion to anybody who asks about this is to buy a spare 6 bolt (theengineer has one he's selling extremely cheap right now!!) and build it on the side while you are driving the car, then that one day when your engine takes a crap you can just drop it right in and never have to worry about it. in the case that your engine never walks and you get rid of the car, you can sell the block for some extra dough.

Old 02-22-2007, 12:02 PM
Super Moderator

my suggestion would be to just keep an eye on it. check the bearing clearances if youd like. Watch for a sticking clutch, or oil pressure light on during idle. Also i would first remove the clutch start button so you can do a clutchless start. That will help alittle in preserving the engine a bit.

Old 02-22-2007, 12:05 PM

Is this a simple 5 min job? Can i just "tape" the button down or just take if out and splice the wires together?
thanks,

Old 02-22-2007, 12:59 PM
Super Moderator

very very very simple procedure . Just get under there and follow the clutch line up, and disconnect the second connection. It should be a small white plug, and presto, no more clutch to start

Old 02-22-2007, 01:12 PM

there's a vid on youtube about it. i don't know the link but if you search it you may be able to find it. it's very simple from what the vid shows!

Old 02-22-2007, 01:19 PM

I have done it! I'll try my best to explain. Its actually really simple. But, look under your dash on your driver side obviously. So from looking under it straight up, it should be a white connection up and to the right (that is looking at it from the bottom). And thats it! Just disconnect that white "plug." And you're good to go.

ONE NOTE: there is also another white one closer to you, but thats not the one! That one closer to you is a little bigger than the one that you are suppose to disconnect. Dont try to disconnect that one. So look for a smaller one located a little higher. And yes there is a video on youtube. That can help. I saw that one before i did.