2nd Generation This includes all Eclipses, and Talons built from 1995-1999

Need Help

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2006, 08:59 PM
Default RE: Need Help

Yea see I thought I forgot to connect a wire somewhere along the line when I first hooked it up, so i checked through it all but it was all hooked up. This weekend I might just go tear everything apart and see if there is anything I could have missed. I might also try to put in a new ground wire. ( I used the ground wire plug thing that the factory used on the factory deck). I dunno....

Old 05-15-2006, 10:44 PM
Super Moderator

Did the head unit have a lighting wire? Did you cut/splice wires or did you get a harness adapter? If cut and splice I'd say you likely cut the dimmer wire rendering the dimmer inoperable.

Old 05-15-2006, 11:13 PM

I bought the adaptor but with it I still had to splice some wires. Oh **** come to think of it I cant remember if I connected the dimmer the correct way (I think I spliced it in with another wire cause I didnt have anymore connectors and wasnt going to go all the way to the store)...hmm i sure hope that is it, I think I'll check tomorrow after work! Damn if that is it I'll feel pretty stupid though lol....

Old 05-15-2006, 11:25 PM
Super Moderator

UGH... LOL I betcha that's it dude. I certainly hope so. I'd rather feel dumb and have everything work than not feel dumb but still be hunting gremlins.

Old 05-16-2006, 10:10 PM

Ok i just tore my console apart. I found that I left the negative dimmer wire running to the head unit unconnected and taped up. I remember that I did this too because there was no dimmer positive wire on the head unit. there was an illumination wire on the head unit but there was also a negative illumination wire on the harness which is where i wired those two together. I remember not exactly knowing what to do or if I needed the dimmer so I just left it. Do you guys think I should connect the negative dimmer switch to the power line? I would just do the usual trial and error but i dont know if I even have connectors laying around and all the tools are in the garage on the other side of the property. Do you think that will do it?

Old 05-21-2006, 05:33 PM

okay i just got done screwing around with the wires. I did come across some good news and bad news....I decided to connect the negative dimmer wire to my power wire and bam I had all my lights on and working, sort of. The good thing is they worked, the bad part was they worked *** backwards...when my headlights are off the lights are all powered, but when I turn the headlights on the lights all go out again. I tried hooking the neg. dimmer wire to some of the other wires but none of them worked. So how do you think I can get them to light the right way? do you think it could be as easy as turning the switch on when I hook them up and after everything is hooked up turn it back to off? I dunno I dont think that would work though...I dunno, advice will be greatly appreciated