2nd Generation This includes all Eclipses, and Talons built from 1995-1999

Need help knowing what to buy.And not spending a fortune

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2008, 10:49 PM
Default Need help knowing what to buy.And not spending a fortune

heyI recently got so many speeding ticketsI have a credit card just forlawyer and fine's thats how bad its gotten. so i really need advice on what can prevent me getting another one. I know some smart *** is probably going to say slow down or go the speed limit but when your late for work and alot other stuff thats really isnt an option. I did search it but couldnt find a actaul answer wheather getting a $300 radar detector or something at radio shack.so please i need help with this.

Old 02-21-2008, 10:56 PM
Default RE: Need help knowing what to buy.And not spending a fortune

yea just get a cobra model they r like $80 and they work great, go with a better version and it sould help you. helps me just about every day

Old 02-21-2008, 10:59 PM

ok any suggestions where to buy one

Old 02-21-2008, 11:05 PM
Banned

Put a bolt under your gas pedal

Old 02-21-2008, 11:07 PM

walmarts got some ok versions, bestbuy has some, circutcity stocks them. ahh summit sells them jegs has umm most electronics stores would have umm radio shack, i think some auto stores have umm, autozone, advanced, napa

Old 02-22-2008, 07:56 AM

i got my Cobra from Target, it works great. but slow down, i think you'd rather be a little late to work then kill somebody or yourself speeding...

Old 02-22-2008, 07:58 AM
Super Moderator

I never understand people like this. Why is it that going slow is not an option. Is it like in your DNA to drive like an idiot all the time?

Old 02-22-2008, 08:59 PM

I dont drive like a maniac at all just because i drive down to gf house who lives in diffrent state 2wice a week. and some how im pulled over for going 5 to 10 over the limit. Thats where my tickets mostly come from. They mostly give tickets to out of towners my most previous ticket i was just going with flow of traffic and its was a 65mph we were doing 70-75 this is midnight on week night and other two where Jersey residents i wasnt. andthe state troopersexcuse was that he couldnt have stopped us all and the other two cars didnt even slow down!! which reallypissed me off i think that pretty fu**** up so am just really fed up with this i just wanted to make my 2hr long trip shorter.

Old 02-22-2008, 10:11 PM

well, there are many ways you can go about on this issue. i live in cali so i had to try out the best possible method ^^ anywho you can fallow the law (i know you choose not to sometimes but please dont flame) ^^ you can buy one of those radar detectors that everyone is talking about. but from personal use i dont like them. most of the cheep ones you can buy at like walmart detect the stupidest things like the radar from the stoplights and the door entrances. your best bet from those radar guns/ camaras is get a jammer. it cost you a bit around 300~1k installed but it saved my *** a lot of times. what it does is it takes thier signal, and gives them a bad one in return, meanwhile telling you to slow the hell down. then when the cop tries to do you again, the device lets it do its job so that the cop doesnt get suspicious. ^^ i have 1 in both my cars hope this helped.

Old 02-23-2008, 08:46 AM

ORIGINAL: TheEngineer

I never understand people like this. Why is it that going slow is not an option. Is it like in your DNA to drive like an idiot all the time?

Please respect Nemy's thread. We don't know where she/he lives or anything about her life to judge him/her. This is a help site we are here to help our fellow Mitsubishi drivers not judge them. So please leave mean comments to yourself.

Quick Reply: Need help knowing what to buy.And not spending a fortune