2nd Generation This includes all Eclipses, and Talons built from 1995-1999

need some ideas

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2007, 09:22 PM
Default need some ideas

hey whats up everybody i have a 99 gs and im looking to start doing some work to it i love my car i just wish it was a gst but anyway im looking to maybe get some ideas for makeing it a little faster i do alot of custom work i accutaly work for a shop doing car audio and such but when it comes to engines i could use some help but im just wondering what would be good for me to do to my car where i can find good parts and what i should look into puttin in to it i have alot of ideas for my car im looking to problly lower it first just not sure how far to go with it im not doing a body kit i like the stock one im gonna do a carbon fiber oem hood since i have a white car i think it would look pretty good and i want to ether remove the spoiler all together or try and find one that is good looking and not some rediculous ricer bull**** anyway any ideas would be great thx alot guys

Old 07-16-2007, 09:32 PM
Default RE: need some ideas

here are some pics of my car btw ment to put them in with that up there oops.....Name:  carshow021.jpg
Views: 9
Size:  62.1 KBName:  carshow028.jpg
Views: 12
Size:  62.3 KB

Old 07-16-2007, 10:31 PM

Lower it, Tein S-Techs FTW. Like the interior, I did the same thing on my 2G.

Old 07-17-2007, 07:49 AM

yeah i got bored one day so i decided to paint that stuff should have waited till i had enouph to get all the paint because there was more stuff i wanted to paint but now im just waiting for a few spar bucks thx for the tip

Old 07-17-2007, 08:18 AM

w/ the 420a engine you won't be getting very far on the "go fast" part but you can make them look good. for ur performance you can get a header back exhaust and a cai... that's the basics that everybody does. w/o spending thousands you can also get cams, ported throttle body (although i did my own w/ a dremel), lightweight flywheel, and that's just about it. the only way to get more power is to start doing engine work or turbo the car...\
i'd say lower it, if you want to put a kit on it, go for it, i did it and wish i wouldn't have. urethane i'm sure is nicer but fiberglass kits SUCK!

Old 07-17-2007, 08:43 AM

yeah i really dont want to do a body kit and yeah urathne is deffinatly better doesnt crack as easy and like i said im not worried about going super fast i more just want it to look good but i do want a little more power but im problly mostly just gonna make it an all show no go ether that or sell it and get a gsx or gst if i can well see what happens

Old 07-17-2007, 08:55 AM

one thing you can do is put a small shot of nitrous on it.... i would not go anything ove ra 50shot. i've heard of ppl running 75 shots on a daily basis but i wouldn't go anything over 50

Old 07-17-2007, 01:39 PM

yeah i was just looking around on craigslist at a gsx but i think im just gonna keep what i have i dont need anymore speeding tickets lol im just gonna make it look good maybe throw a little more power in it and call it a day

Old 07-17-2007, 01:43 PM

that's the way to do it. just about everybody loved my eclipse when i had it. i never once got called a ricer... and i personally think my car was very clean.

Old 07-17-2007, 01:54 PM

yeah i just really dont want to be known as that guy the ricer guy lol i hate that **** but im not really worried about haveing a fast car i just want it to look nice i think ive desided on doing oem carbon fiber hood lowering it and shaveing the rear spoiler maybe adding a lip and repainting it all that is problly gonna cost me a good bit but it will be worth it cuz i think it will look really good

Quick Reply: need some ideas