2nd Generation This includes all Eclipses, and Talons built from 1995-1999

neeed ADVICE!!! i am goiung to buy an eclipse

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2009, 10:08 PM

ha! ha! thats where i kick in i have a **** load of welding gear (GO MARINES!) LOL so that i can definetly deal with my self and pocket that money btw do you know if a master cylinder is hard to replace?

Old 05-03-2009, 10:10 PM
Super Moderator

Idk abt the master on a 2g but I've done a few on 1g awd's and they can be a pita.

Old 05-03-2009, 10:16 PM

in other words dificult ? because i have only dealt with the car at a drive way it takes a lot of effort to bring it to 1st gear and obviosly all others the guy thats selling it says its the master cylinfer that doesnt work ( like i said i am extremly rusty on standard) and he says it because it has no pressure i did recall the pedal being very soft i have a feeling i am going to have to replace the clutch too but i want to start from the cheaper end

Old 05-05-2009, 08:57 PM

to be honest with you, if you are a newbie like you say you are then you should not buy this car, i know i wouldn't even if it is only 600 you say it has a crummy paint job (cheap mako paint job $400, good paint job at least $1.2k+) strut covers have cancer, doors all fudged up, transmission problems, 150k miles and who knows how many other problems that you are not aware of yet because you cannot buy a car from anybody without finding some stupid problem that they "forgot" to tell you about in about two weeks or less.

if you knew your way around a transmission id say go for it but your not even 100% that what you think is the problem actually is whats going on, it could be a million different things within the transmission itself and then your looking at a ton of money to have it fixed if you can even find anybody to work on it for you, i know where i live the closest place that will even take a look at the transmission in my car is about 90 or so miles away. and if you buy a new transmission for it, have somebody put it in and a clutch as well, your looking at at least 3k most likely a lot more, i haven't priced the transmissions but i know they will charge tons for labor like always, and then ur gonna have a 3600 dollar investment that still needs a paint job and all this other stuff, might as well buy a nice looking one for 3k with small or no problems, you can get gs's cheap as dirt lol

or you can be like most people and just ask on the forum how to do stuff like replace a transmission with a used one you bought from ebay or some other place and you can try it yourself and totally screw something up and be out the money you spent on the transmission and have nothing to show for it, although doing is the best way to learn.

so what I'm saying is if your not a car person, you should pick a smaller project and slowly work your way up to the real clusterfuc*s later on down the road when you have more experience.

Old 05-06-2009, 09:54 PM
Thumbs up

thanks you are the man, well luckily i had found another one from my friends mechanic. its a automatic thoough for almost twice the money but atleast this one is in great shape. its a 95 with 130k miles. no leather seats, but it has all the power options and everything else is working fine, no rust spots either.

oh yeahh sunroof baby,

thanks alot for your help hopefully i can come back into the forum community to seek more knowledge about the 2nd gens.

thanks again,

by the way what kind of car you drive , do you have any mods done to it?

Old 05-06-2009, 10:34 PM

Originally Posted by c577
to be honest with you, if you are a newbie like you say you are then you should not buy this car, i know i wouldn't even if it is only 600 you say it has a crummy paint job (cheap mako paint job $400, good paint job at least $1.2k+) .
you funny even referring a maaco paint job lol-400 psh
Do your own prep work-wetsand 400-500 grit,Seal it then spray and pray for no Runs
water based **** takes too long find a spot which still uses Petrol paint products.

Old 05-06-2009, 11:35 PM
Cool

well this eclipse doesnt need a paint job the one i was trying to get before this one yeah but this one is pretty decent just needs a good wash and good to go i am going to post a few pics hopefully this saturday too see what you guys think of it

Old 05-07-2009, 10:05 AM

i drive a 97 gst, only mods done to it is a greddy type s blow off valve and a e3 16g i got from a friend for a bucket of KFC he was extremely high lol and he said he was gettin a new one. idk but for 20bucks how can you go wrong??? i have a few other things but waiting to put them in

Old 05-15-2009, 09:35 PM

well not the best thing happend i bought an other eclipse gs 1995 for 800 bucks from a mechanic it has sunroof and a decent interior i got this car on tuesday the 12 the same day i get my plates and insurance i start driving around to get a feel of it(since i am use too driving my truck) well i stop at a stop sign look both ways and i let go of the brake in less then a second a chick(she was cute) got in front of be broke off my bumper and shifted my fenders radiator hood and broke of my bumper (what a first day) now i need too pull ,my front end get a bumper and headlights and fenders for an affordable price since i have to pay 1500 for my insurance and 100for a ticket that i am going to get points for if i dont pay an extra 400 (yeah sucks right) but i am going to plan on hooking it up if i fix when i fix the front end btw its a second gen if any parts decide to come thru

Old 05-17-2009, 01:34 PM

that sux man, but if your looking to fix it... the place you wanna go to get cheap parts, either a junk yard or dsmsource.com lots of ppl partin their cars out and will sell you **** dirt cheap, if its a 95 you need 95-96 body parts, if its newer, 97-99 parts, unless you want to convert. if your driving a 95-96 and want it to look like a newer one, you need 97-99 bumper AND headlights, because the headlights are diferrent, as far as fenders im pretty sure they are the same but dont hold me to that.

Quick Reply: neeed ADVICE!!! i am goiung to buy an eclipse