2nd Generation This includes all Eclipses, and Talons built from 1995-1999

New 95 RS Eclipse owner..

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2007, 11:00 PM
Default New 95 RS Eclipse owner..

Hey guys! im new to my car which is a 1995 RS Eclipse which is only draggin 140 hourses with a chrysler motor.. IMO.. i just want to find out if there is any other RS owners out there and check out what they did with theres? im tryin to build mine performance wise.. basiclly make it a safer ride and make it run a little bit better than before, help me out a bit guys, what can i do to it?.... im already having a little problem with the car.. the steering wheel is to big.. im a 5"6 asian dude.. and the steering wheel gets in my way.. i lower the steering wheel down.. but then it rubs agianst my thighs( im not really fat.. no offesne ).. i was thinking of switching my steering wheel to a 300mm Momo.. is that a good idea?

Note- i drive better with a smaller steering wheel, i think i get more handling to it... but im thinking.. the air bag.. /sigh.. bare with me guys im new with this car..

-Rolo

Old 09-17-2007, 11:04 PM
Default RE: New 95 RS Eclipse owner..

Hahaha welcome to the site and im a 420a owner as well.... as for performance.... ehh... im just making my own more of a comfy taking-out-girls-on-weekends kinda ride.... and if the steering wheel rubs against your thighs, then youre sitting too close to the dashboard which is uhm... not good accident wise.. haha, try leaning abck a bit more til you get used being far from it.
Once again welcome

Old 09-18-2007, 06:55 AM
Super Moderator

there are aftermarket steering wheels that will keep an airbag there. They are more expensive however. Trying to get power out of a 420a is not cheap by any means and will only make the car less reliable. IMO its best to stick with simple mods and like keade said, just make it more comfortable to you. Maybe do some suspension or something, just so its customized to your liking. But trying to get power is tough

Old 09-18-2007, 09:18 PM

just stick to the basics with the 420A, exhaust, intake, springs, mexican paint job, you know the basics....

Old 09-18-2007, 09:25 PM

by no means do a mexican paint job... that sucks *** BIG time, trust me! i am in mexico!!!!, keep it simple, original, you know, walk slowly carry big stick... or.. something like that....

Old 09-18-2007, 09:46 PM

Het Rolo

Have a 97 420a RS. Air intake, headders are about the only easy things you can do for a bit more power.

Aftermarket steering wheels are available, but you loose the air bag.

Anyone tried one of the aftermarket chips? I get the "too good to be true" feeling when I read the ads for these.

Old 09-18-2007, 10:28 PM

TheEngineer, you sed theres after market steering wheels that have airbags? if you can help me out, what type are there, or the specific ones for my car? i tried lookin on ebay.. but i don't know which are the knockoff brands or not.. i dont know which brand to look for?

Old 09-18-2007, 10:33 PM

Lol, yeah im keepin the Original cherry Red.. on my RS i kinda like it, before i didnt like it couse red isnt really my color. but it looks nice at night.. lol and its Original.. right now as we speak my car is getting re-painted Cherry red.. (Minor dents and scratches and.. rust..) i get my eclipse back on friday.. mm by the time i get it back ill have some pictures for you guys..

thanks for the info guys! big help! Soon ill have more retarded questions for you guys.. ><" lol

-Rolo

Old 09-19-2007, 07:12 AM
Super Moderator

I think Momo would make one that comes with an airbag. Most of the ebay ones are all gonna be replica and not the real thing.
I know that for my car i can get a TRD one that has an airbag. So there must be one for mitsu's. Its just gonna be a bit more money

Old 09-20-2007, 11:37 PM

Hey guys, rolo agen.. mm which Shocks/Coil are better for performance wise for my car? anyone have any name brands in mind? i wish i could test them out.. but really i cant.. i just want to know.. What type are they? and how are they treating you when u drive? any advice would help!! Thanks!

-Rolo

Quick Reply: New 95 RS Eclipse owner..