2nd Generation This includes all Eclipses, and Talons built from 1995-1999

New to forum - need advice from PROS!

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2005, 03:22 PM
Default RE: New to forum - need advice from PROS!

ok sounds good. should i run bosch platiinum or ngk platinums in this? on the wires which ones are best, ngk/bosch or is there perf ones
also the tranny oil filter needs to be changed i guess. i think its expensive. is it possible to add an inline one instead?

Old 11-03-2005, 03:32 PM
Super Moderator

Your tranny fluid filter is IN the tranny no inline available. I recommend FLUSHING the trans it saves you fom having to replace the filter as long as the trans has less than 150K since the last flush. I don't really see much difference between the plugs and wires plats are good double plats last longer. I'd also look into thicker wires. 9.5MM wires or better.

Old 11-03-2005, 03:36 PM

ORIGINAL: Patrick

i have to interject my years of racing experience, i wouldnt run nittos if they were FREE.
I am supprised, so far every one that i have talked to that use nittos had nothing to say but good things about them. My friend has a 99 ls1, hedders, intake, full exaust, at the track he could bearly get those things to spin... he ran 12.8 on them. What was your bad experance?

Old 11-03-2005, 03:37 PM

ok awsome! the car has 98k miles on it so a flush should be enough? i looked at the price of at filter and it listed at 1300???? hehe so dont want to change that. which tranny fluid should i use? switch to synthetic? and if so which one

Old 11-03-2005, 03:46 PM
Super Moderator

I don't think there are very many ATF fluids out there. Most use a mercon dexron I believe. And flushing the trans at the shop I used to work at was $130. So it;s MUCH less than that trans you priced earlier. Get it done at a shop as they are the ones that have the machines to do it. You won't be able to get the machine yourself.

Old 11-03-2005, 04:43 PM

just about everone that makes oil makes ATF mobile/exxon valvoline castrol ..........
this is for slow420a my oil can kick your oils ***. LMAO!

Old 11-03-2005, 04:49 PM

ORIGINAL: get435

just about everone that makes oil makes ATF mobile/exxon valvoline castrol ..........
this is for slow420a my oil can kick your oils ***. LMAO!
my oil > *

Old 11-05-2005, 01:16 AM

just wondering. my friend started scaring me with this crankwalk talk? can someone tell me about it? does it affect my car? the auto's?

Old 11-05-2005, 01:40 AM

ORIGINAL: Polonez

just wondering. my friend started scaring me with this crankwalk talk? can someone tell me about it? does it affect my car? the auto's?
In 1993 the gst's and gsx's changed their motor platform, the motor stayed a 2.0 turbo doch but they changed some internal work and gained pumped 210hp out of the motor. Its refered to a 7 bolt(refering to the number of bolts on the flywheel) where motors built before 93 were refered to as 6 bolts. When they did this they started to manifacture the motor in the us and crank walk is refered to the connecting rods wiggling back forth on the crank. To fix it you need to replace the lower bearings and crank. The 6 bolts dont have the crank walk problem, but the 7 bolts CAN be know to do it. there is a 1% chance that your car will have crank walk. It mostly happens in 5spds because holding the clutch in for exteneded peroids at a stand still puts stress on the crank and aids to the problem. Also if the car has been beaten to crap... that aids crank walk. But i wouldnt worry about it, you have a better chance of getting hit by lightning then getting crank walk.

Old 11-05-2005, 01:44 AM

so i guess it affected autos aswell just not as much? is there a way to tell when the car gets here if its got theproblem? and whats it cost for parts to fix it?

Quick Reply: New to forum - need advice from PROS!