2nd Generation This includes all Eclipses, and Talons built from 1995-1999

New to G2 wiring help...

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2011, 11:36 AM
Default New to G2 wiring help...

I am helping my friend work out the kinks in her '96 GTS g2 build. Here is my problem: I have no idea what is what on a Mitsubishi. I only own BMWs, so I am lost on what hooks up to the missing plugs behind the stereo. I have searched for wiring PDFs and any pictures of stereo builds to see what it was that went in them.

The two plugs I am talking about are behind the stereo and there is a mounting bracket to the floor. There is three total all are female connecters about 2.5" wide. The ones are are missing is the two left ones. The one all the way to the right of the three is there.

So any info or links to a wiring PDF would mean a lot. I can only find them for 2001-present.

I will add a few pictures of the car and the plugs tonight to this thread is not a fail =)

Oh, I may own BMWs but I want an Evo 5 or 9 HELLA BAD!

Last edited by e30 F34R; 03-14-2011 at 11:38 AM.
Old 03-15-2011, 09:19 PM

Originally Posted by e30 F34R
I am helping my friend work out the kinks in her '96 GTS g2 build. Here is my problem: I have no idea what is what on a Mitsubishi. I only own BMWs, so I am lost on what hooks up to the missing plugs behind the stereo. I have searched for wiring PDFs and any pictures of stereo builds to see what it was that went in them.

The two plugs I am talking about are behind the stereo and there is a mounting bracket to the floor. There is three total all are female connecters about 2.5" wide. The ones are are missing is the two left ones. The one all the way to the right of the three is there.

So any info or links to a wiring PDF would mean a lot. I can only find them for 2001-present.

I will add a few pictures of the car and the plugs tonight to this thread is not a fail =)

Oh, I may own BMWs but I want an Evo 5 or 9 HELLA BAD!
Are you saying there are dangling plugs behind the radio? Is it an aftermarket radio? In my GS-T, there are plugs behind the radio for a factory installed (and hidden) cd changer in the trunk and wha I am almost certain is a factory amp under the passenger seat. Are these the plugs you are speaking of?

Old 03-16-2011, 04:28 PM

Originally Posted by shaggy76078
Are you saying there are dangling plugs behind the radio? Is it an aftermarket radio? In my GS-T, there are plugs behind the radio for a factory installed (and hidden) cd changer in the trunk and wha I am almost certain is a factory amp under the passenger seat. Are these the plugs you are speaking of?
There is no stereo in the car, nothing is hanging. It is empty fixed female connectors. Not male connecters(plug in end) I contacted my Evo friend and he siad it is what the air bags hook up to. So it makes sense because there is no air bags as the option with this one. Just an air bag filler.

Old 03-18-2011, 09:29 AM

Originally Posted by e30 F34R
There is no stereo in the car, nothing is hanging. It is empty fixed female connectors. Not male connecters(plug in end) I contacted my Evo friend and he siad it is what the air bags hook up to. So it makes sense because there is no air bags as the option with this one. Just an air bag filler.
ok, chill out. Was just trying to get clarification

Old 03-19-2011, 03:02 AM

Originally Posted by shaggy76078
ok, chill out. Was just trying to get clarification
Pictures would help! Sorry about that but I solved it =) the PO was a moron and tucked the missing plugs up in the dash.