2nd Generation This includes all Eclipses, and Talons built from 1995-1999

Newbee started questions

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2006, 12:01 AM
Default Newbee started questions

I have searched hrough the forums and get so many different answers not sure which to choose. So I am going to post all my ?'s and hopefully get some answers directed right at me. I just purchased a 1997 GST with 77K on it. The 60k tuneup was done at 65k and she is in good all around condition. Everything is stock. The first thing on my list is the shocks struts and springs, they are on their last leg. I already have 18" rims and tires to be put on. I know that ride quality will suffer some from this. I am not looking for a street racer, but I will do some performance mods. I do not want a stiff ride. From what I have gathered I should get Eibach Pro Springs w/ Tokico Blues, also by changing the springs and 18" rims do I need to get a camber adjustment kit, or just everything realigned? Does any one have a better combo or suggestions?
The other questions all run together. I am going to add and replace all of the following parts at the same time, and would like advice on which to use. New Intake w/ BOV, Boost Gauge, MBC, and possibly a Turbo Timer (I know ther are mixed thoughts on them, but I don't like waiting in my car after driving, I am always late as it is).
Finally does anyone have underdrive pulleys? Are they worth the horsepower gain? Thanks for any and all help.

Old 04-30-2006, 12:22 AM
Default RE: Newbee started questions

I'm not sure about springs, but I went with Koni Adjustable's and they gave me a really smooth ride... I had some goldline springs, but I got those a while back when i just wanted to lower my car, but as far as overall ride I'm really happy with koni struts...

Old 05-01-2006, 05:16 PM

Anyone else with the knowledge and willingness to share?

Old 05-01-2006, 05:30 PM

eibach pro/tokicos are the best budget choice for the car, anything better will run into the $1000's so you have heard the right info. although id reccomend the illuminas over the blues, they are 5 way adjustable to your liking, and are only about $400. the pro kit is a 1.3" drop, the stock camber can be adjusted to work fine with them, but any lower and you will want a camber kit for sure.

intake- just a simple k&n filter/ adapter for $80 is fine, black snorkel tube doesnt need to be upgraded unless you like bling.
bov-greddy type s/rs or a stock 1g bov
boost gauge-any
MBC-any i have a turboxs i like, it has coarse and fine adjustment *****
turbo timer- since they cost $100 and require lots of ignition hacking id reccomend just finding an alarm that has abuilt in timer feature, lots of them have it these days and anyone putting money into their car should have a decent alarm.