2nd Generation This includes all Eclipses, and Talons built from 1995-1999

next step on GSX

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2006, 11:33 AM
Banned
Default RE: next step on GSX

http://tampabay.dsm.org/phpBB/ one of the guys on there owns a shop that does it i think. Im from the UK so i dont really have any contacts in the US. Good luck!

Old 04-17-2006, 12:33 PM
Super Moderator

the more i read on crankwalk the more it seems to me that the type of crank has NOTHING to do with it. But that is just what i have gathered

Old 04-17-2006, 12:49 PM
Banned

Its just how the crank was made.... and corners had been cut in its production.

Old 04-17-2006, 12:54 PM

ORIGINAL: Sebba

I am telling you its not the crank,.. I want to see the resources or something that say this because never one have I heard of that untill now. every time crankwalk has ever been talked about anywhere I red it sayd OIL squirters and journals. NOTHING about the crank itself. so give us the resourses you have so we can straighten up what is truth here

Old 04-17-2006, 01:02 PM
Super Moderator

I want proof and research. There are ALOT of reserach on the oil squirters and journals. People have literally cut the two blocks in half and found that the journals are too small and the squirters are not only too small but prematurly resease at low oil pressures when they are not supposed to (ie. idle). So please show us your proof...

Old 04-17-2006, 01:45 PM

i've done TONS of researchon this today... and there is no website giving 1 single cause, some say it's the way the crank is made, some say it has to do w/ the bearings, some way it's the squirters.. but there is no exact proven cause. they do give a couple of recommendations though: use the 1g oil filter because it's a better made filter and will keep the squirters better, longer. also they do recommend swapping a 6 bolt. got a question though i thought i read somwhere tha the 6 bolt bottom end does not fit with the stock head. that true??? b/c there's already a lot of work done to the head...

Old 04-17-2006, 10:45 PM
Banned

lol didnt look very hard did you! http://tampabay.dsm.org/phpBB/viewto...ight=crankwalk come on man it took me 16 seconds lol. I dont know how you have no heard of this. This maked the most sence to me out of all the other **** out there. I heard this many times previous to this too. This is not some random guy either. He owns a DSM shop.

Old 04-17-2006, 11:15 PM

lol didnt look very hard did you! http://tampabay.dsm.org/phpBB/viewto...ight=crankwalk come on man it took me 16 seconds lol. I dont know how you have no heard of this. This maked the most sence to me out of all the other **** out there. I heard this many times previous to this too. This is not some random guy either. He owns a DSM shop.
So when does this friction occur? The biggest is at startup when there is ZERO oil pressure. A couple of days ago I was starting a fresh engine. It wasn't firing up right away so I decided I better disconnect the clucth safety switch. immmediately the engine turned over WAY faster. Keep in mind when the engine starts it takes two seconds for pump pressure to reach the thrust. There is some serious friction from pushing on the end of the crank while disengaging the clutch. There is also very little oil pressure at idle. if you rest you foot on the clutch at stop lights your crank is in trouble.

and the problem accuring from low oil pressure as stated. remember no matter what crank low pressure will always be there on a 7 bolt unless the oil journals are worked so over time my guess is it will wear quicker than a 6 bolt (because it gives you more play with the oiling system). That is no different from what I have said all along. other than i have never read about the crank being softer, and as I said before I dont research the crankwalk stuff because it doesnot apply to m so it isnt important. Can you do a write up and send it to me of any valiuable info on this subject and all pinions you can find to be logical so we an pinn this and not have to waiste a entire thread on going back and forth?? I think that will be helpfull. <if any one wants to volenteer even to do a crankwalk stticky write up for this section

Old 04-17-2006, 11:32 PM

http://www.magnusmotorsports.com/crankwalktheory.htm

nothing in this about a weak crank, but a soft crank that wears quicker only helps the prolem along

Old 04-17-2006, 11:33 PM

here is my write up on it vaigely.... it is more about the 6 bolt swaps and alternatives https://mitsubishiforum.com/m_42332/tm.htm

Quick Reply: next step on GSX