2nd Generation This includes all Eclipses, and Talons built from 1995-1999

no spark or fuel

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2007, 10:36 AM
Default no spark or fuel

alright guys i just got a new crank angle sensor and got it in and put everything together and went to start the car and um well its still not working...i have no fuel and no spark so i decided to hard wire the fuel pump to the battery just to make sure my fuel pump wasnt bad and i went up to the front and depressed the pressure release valve on the fuel rail and i had fuel...when its not hard wired then i dont have fuel anywhere but the gas tank...as for the spark i have no clue i dont think its the coil pack because they dont all usually go bad at the same time atleast i dont think they do...anyway does anyone have an idea as to wtf is going on b/c im losing patience with this thing...thanks guys

ps...its a 420a

Old 05-08-2007, 09:43 PM
Default RE: no spark or fuel

Damn brother.. I wish I had more advice for you. Check the cam angle sensor as well. That is the only other thing that will keep the car from starting. When that or the crank angle sensor go bad.. the computer basically says NO... I hope that helps and I wish that I could help you more. Good luck my man.

Old 05-08-2007, 09:54 PM
Banned

Maybe the ECU is shot?

Old 05-08-2007, 11:52 PM

A 420a will also have an ASD relay and Fuel relay on the firewall. If the Fuel relay isn't coming on, the ASD relay may be bad. The ASD relay also controls the power to turn on the injectors and spark.

Old 05-09-2007, 09:52 AM

well i just bought a new crank angle sensor and put it on and a cam position sensor and put that on and im still in the same boat...i ran an obd2 scanner on it yesterday and it would give me any codes...just kept failing...the guy that let me use the scanner said that if i had a bad fuse or relay it would do that b/c i dont have a complete circuit for the scanner to check...so you say those two relays are on the firewall...i'll replace those then especially if they control the fuel and spark lol...i just really hope i dont end up with a bad ecu like sebba says b/c thats really gonna suck lol...i bet a replacement ecu is gonna cut my throat isnt it....

Old 05-09-2007, 09:55 AM

oh and just for ****s and giggles does anyone know what the relays under the dash down on the fuse pannel are for b/c i might just take those and put them where the fuel and asd relays are just to see if the car will start unless they play a major role in starting the car...thanks for the help guys...please keep it coming...any ideas will be freakin awsome...

Old 05-09-2007, 10:15 AM

I forget what those relays are for, but you can always swap them out, see if you get spark and fuel and then see if something in the interior goes bad, lol. I'm pretty sure those interior relays don't affect the motor though. I think they are for the power windows, radio, heater-A/C, blower, etc. Although, I do think the ignition switch has a relay under there, lol. So, I guess, I'm not that sure, lol.
Try it anyway. A bad relay won't hurt a circuit, it just won't allow it to work

Old 05-09-2007, 10:40 AM

any ideas on why the obd2 sensor kept failing...i have a 95 talon isnt that obd1...would it matter about the scanner if it was obd2 or 1 b/c the scanner said obd2 on it...

Old 05-09-2007, 11:04 AM
Super Moderator

the 95+ for the eclipse came with an OBDII with the port under the steering wheel

Old 05-09-2007, 11:35 AM

ok just making sure...well do you have any idea as to why the OBDII wouldnt read my errors...i know it works b/c i tried it on a different vehicle and it came back with no error but on my car it just kept come back as FAIL...idk what the deal with it is...i really hope i dont have a bad ecu though...and how about what silvercoupe said do you think the relays might be where my problem lies...i just replaced the sensors that should be working to give me spark and fuel...

Quick Reply: no spark or fuel