2nd Generation This includes all Eclipses, and Talons built from 1995-1999

NOPI 06

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2006 | 12:25 PM
|
Default NOPI 06

was anybody from the Forum there this weekend?

Old 09-18-2006 | 01:31 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: NOP 06

NOPe

Old 09-18-2006 | 01:53 PM
|

HA yea.... it's monday, i was in the sun all weekend and didn't get back till 1:30 this moning and had to be up at 6:30... i've got an excuse lol

Old 09-18-2006 | 02:32 PM

I WAS THERE. Just Sunday though.

ATL? right?

Old 09-18-2006 | 04:44 PM

pics damn it!

Old 09-19-2006 | 01:37 PM
|

yea ATL, did you enter your car? i was very disapointed with the 2g eclipses, i think there were really only 2 or 3 that impressed me, it kind of pissed me off that i didn't take mine and enter it b/c i had a good shot of placing in my stock class. and dude, you should have been there friday night, they let us do laps around ATL Motor Speedway!! i mean of course there were limitations but we were doin about 90. my friend w/ his black SRT4 w/ a sick motor swap pushin about 525whp was flooring it around there and a supra was messin w/ him, hit the gas GOT SIDEWAYS and walked him lol it was awesome

david, i had 2 cameras full of pics but unfortunatly my ******** roommate in the hotel room didn't grab them on the way out (like i asked him to do) so i got nothing but a couple drift vids on my phone. but it was awesome.

Old 09-19-2006 | 01:43 PM

Yeah man, i was also dissapointed in the Eclipse. There werent that many either (at least on Sunday). What days did you go? I only went Sunday. Did you also see the burnout competition, drifting, hydraulics, and talk about the SWIMSUIT Finalists. And dont forget that booty shaking contest. Lol. But yeah, there were definitely some sick rides though. I did not enter my car, I will probably next year. Hopefully, if everything goes as plans. Some Eclipse, did not even deserve to be in there either.

You live in SC, and came down to the NOPI show? How long was that drive?

I didnt know, they had anything going on Friday. Damn, that sounds like fun. Definitely next year...

Old 09-19-2006 | 04:55 PM
|

there was nothing really "going on" on friday just a bunch of us where there hanging out lookin at a few cars before the comp on sat and they announced that if you wanna do some laps to go to the side entrance, so everybody naturally did!! it was effing awesome and let me tell you, those banks are much steeper than they look on tv lol. you can see a couple vids on streetfire of taking some laps. yea i live right by Charleston, SC and it took us about 4 1/2 hrs to get there, not to bad. but only about 3 hrs 50 mins to get back lol. yea i saw just about everyting, hydraulics isn't my thing but i saw the truck stand up to it's 118 inches and the one car turn over, i saw the burn out but didn't like it at all!!!!!! they were in a line of 3 so obviously the one infront was going to win b/c his/her smoke would be the only thing you saw b/c it was going over the back 2... so i didnt like that at all. i saw the swimsuits it was pretty nice. saw Luda on sat night, that was pretty sick. i saw the drifting (first time seeing it in real life) but i was dissapointed, nobody really got real close to the walls, they didn't go as fast as i thought they would... i duno i guess i was just anticipating seeing like a competition instead of an exhibition... but the "B-mer of death" the guy w/ the Mohawk, was SICK he was definatly the best on there, he drove the fastest, drove the hardest and got closer than anybody else. Yea like i said i was definatly disapointed w/ the eclipse showing, i'll be in it next year for sure! I'll have my OEM body kit back on, CF splitters around the front, sides and back, CF hatch, spoiler, and be turbo'd so i'll have a real good shot next year. My friend w/ the Black SRT-4 placed 2nd in SRT-4 custom class and my friend w/ his Mazda 6 w/ bronze rims placed 3rd in Mazda stock class. so it was a pretty awesome trip!

Old 09-19-2006 | 08:38 PM

Did you go Sunday? Did you see the drifting at... I think 11 am. Yeah, the guy in the BMW was definitely the best! Agree with you. He got really close that morning though. Same thing with this other guy on the other team. He was driving the 240 without a rear bumper. They both got inches away from the wall. It was crazy! I think the guy with the 240 even scraped the wall... barely. It was also my first time seeing drifting in real life. I loved it. I definitely want to try that out. I didnt see hydraulics... i am not a big fan of it. But i did see the burnout. I also agree with you on the burnout. The first car always covered the 2 behind... unless it SUCKED and couldnt burnout. Talk about the swimsuit finals, the winner... I didnt really agree with her. But, whatever. The booty shaking contest wasnt that bad, i thought there were going to be more girls than that. But it was fun.

I would love to enter my car into NOPI next year, hopefully if i have everything done that I plan. It would definitely be fun.

Old 09-20-2006 | 03:19 AM
|
Default RE: NOPI 06

yea i was there sunday, i didn't see the 11:00 drift b/c i was just coming into the gate at that time but yes, he did put his 240 into the wall, it wasn't just a scrape either, he smashed his rear bumper, it was on display. the car infront on the burnout was never crappy just pissed me off how they did it, when they had the CRX w/ the 350 small block in the front it pissed me off b/c i mean yea it was cool and everything but i really wanted to see the supra in the back get on it, which he did after the CRX was done but yea you know what i mean. the drifting was pretty good but i don't think it was up to what i was expecting, it just wasn't fast enough for me, except for the B-mer, he was the only one that really got me excited and into it. did you see that sick black supra on the dyno that put down 987whp???????? dude it was SO loud lol

Quick Reply: NOPI 06