2nd Generation This includes all Eclipses, and Talons built from 1995-1999

Oh oh! Check Engine Light came on...

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2007, 06:36 PM
Default Oh oh! Check Engine Light came on...

Hey guys, after driving my car around for about a day and half, the check engine light came on. Took it to Advance Auto Parts and this is what it read:

P0325
Knock Sensor 1
Circuit Malfunction
Bank 1 or 1 Sensor

P1400
Manfacurer Contrl.
Auxiliary emission
Controls

P0505
Idle Control System
Malfunction

Hey guys, is this bad? Would the knock sensor fix the idle control system problem? NEED help. This good or bad? And what will i need to fix/ buy?

Old 01-27-2007, 07:17 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Oh oh! Check Engine Light came on...

First off get your IAC motor changed (Idle air control) that should take care of that problem. Next the aux emmissions may be EGR (I think it is but I don't remember) and the AIC motor MIGHT fix the knock sensor OR the knock sensor may be toast too. Start with the AIC and get the CEL reset and if it comes on again have it read and go from there.

Old 01-27-2007, 07:19 PM

Thanks Sanguinius. Where exactly is the IAC? knock sensor? EGR?

Would it also be ok to drive around?

Old 01-27-2007, 07:29 PM

IAC is under the TB, knock sensor is on the back of the block and, EGR i think is by the thermostat housing.

Old 01-27-2007, 07:48 PM
Banned

What is the point in hit an miss repairing? That is so time and money consuming.... and you may not even find out what the problem is.

I would take it to someone and get a diagnosis... then just buy the parts yourself and do it. That way you dont waste money... and you dont waste time.

Old 01-27-2007, 08:28 PM
Super Moderator

yea somehow i doubt its three different parts that need to be changed here. Especially when the light just came on. Its gotta be just one thing. I say its the IAC motor

Old 01-27-2007, 09:03 PM
Banned

I dont think so.. according to him it idles perfect. So thats out.

Aparently it does missfire though.

EDIT: Missunderstanding... not missfire.. backfire. He is running no cat so i think thats normal.

He is running a full exhaust. o2 hoursing, downpipe and turbo back. I think this might just be an o2 sensor.. or an emissions related issue.

Old 01-27-2007, 10:21 PM

If you don't have a cat, that will throw an emmission code fast. The rear o2 tells the computer if the cat is working or not....in this case, since there isn't a cat...it's not working, lol.
Make sure you knock sensor is connected, my next question is, did you remove your knock sensor and did you put it back in the correct opening? I can't think of why you would remove it, but you never know

[IMG]local://upfiles/10268/858627C162754AACAD4EBC87D922F5D8.jpg[/IMG]

Old 01-27-2007, 10:29 PM

Make sure you knock sensor is connected, my next question is, did you remove your knock sensor and did you put it back in the correct opening? I can't think of why you would remove it, but you never know

Idle control issue...do a boost leak check, I'm sure you will find something. I wouldn't think it to be the IAC if it was working previously.

If you don't have a cat, that will throw an emmission code fast. The rear o2 tells the computer if the cat is working or not....in this case, since there isn't a cat...it's not working, lol.
Backfiring...without a cat to control backfiring, you will backfire...no ifs, ands, or buts. Without a cat you can and will see fire blow out the exhaust during shifts also.

Lol, you're not done...you're only almost there, lol. Damned DSMs.

Old 01-28-2007, 02:08 AM
Super Moderator

Ok first no mention of a lack of cat was mentioned. That takes out the EGR thoughts I was having. Now as for iac and knock sensor they could be related. I recommended changing the IAC due to the fact that maybe it's not operating to FULL capacity. It can idle perfectly but if it's not operating as it should it may not be where it's supposed to be for the gas you're giving it. As for hit and miss troubleshooting... Sebba I don't see you doing much troubleshooting other than to tell people they're wrong every time. If I have ALL the information I can make a MUCH more educated guess as to what the problem is instead of assuming the equipment's setup. Also if you don't want our hit and miss time consuming troubleshooting then take it to a shop and don't ask us on the forum. Then the mechanis there will look at it and tell you exactly what is wrong. Otherwise you'll have to put up with the educated guesses that the people here are making for your symptoms.

Why am I getting a feeling of Deja vu? Seriously this is getting old.

Quick Reply: Oh oh! Check Engine Light came on...