Mitsubishi Forum - Mitsubishi Enthusiast Forums

Mitsubishi Forum - Mitsubishi Enthusiast Forums (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/)
-   2nd Generation (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/2nd-generation-63/)
-   -   ok so i got my turbo on (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/2nd-generation-63/ok-so-i-got-my-turbo-16079/)

Simss 01-20-2007 03:55 PM

ok so i got my turbo on

ok so I just finished installing my 16g, i dont have any leaks as for oil or coolant. but im still letting off quite a bit of smoke, anything i should be worrying about or is it more likly to be burning all the oil my old turbo had in the piping?

EMonz57 01-20-2007 04:07 PM

RE: ok so i got my turbo on

what color smoke... how much boost? do you have a wideband? what is the AFR

Simss 01-20-2007 04:19 PM

white smoke and its boosting at 15psi and no wideband yet
but after i took it for another drive its doesnt seem to be smoking
also i had a boost controller hooked up to my old t25 but i didn't hook it up to the 16g because i wasnt sure how to

TheEngineer 01-20-2007 09:11 PM

well white smoke is coolant

Simss 01-20-2007 10:56 PM

oh ok... hmm so what do you think is happening? it only craps out white smoke when i floor the car at around 4 1/2 grand and it only does it some of time

TheEngineer 01-21-2007 12:39 PM

well are you sure there isnt a bluish tint to it

EMonz57 01-21-2007 01:30 PM

ORIGINAL: TheEngineer

your retarded.... I doubt he is buring coolant... it is just running rich which ironically is white as well. grey or black is oil.

remember john all the smoke my car was blowing when it was overboosting. it was going so rich the car wouldnt move that was pure white smoke

Sebba 01-21-2007 02:22 PM

EMonz what is the matter with you? I always thought rich = black puff.

Simss didnt you post a thread before about this? If i remember correctly you said you heard a pop? Headgasket if you ask me.

93eclipsegsx 01-21-2007 03:00 PM

ORIGINAL: EMonz57

ORIGINAL: TheEngineer

YOUR RETARTED!!!!.... I doubt he is buring coolant... it is just running rich which ironically is white as well. grey or black is oil.

remember john all the smoke my car was blowing when it was overboosting. it was going so rich the car wouldnt move that was pure white smoke
mike your so mean.:D

EMonz57 01-21-2007 03:16 PM

ORIGINAL: Sebba

EMonz what is the matter with you? I always thought rich = black puff.

Simss didnt you post a thread before about this? If i remember correctly you said you heard a pop? Headgasket if you ask me.
no..turbos will smoke a greyish color under WOT. Black is oil rich is white. coolant is white. Ever see a turbo car on cold start blow black? its always white and if you have a wideband your AFR at idle reads something like 10.1 and slowly leans out to around 14.8 after it warms up. is there any coolant or other fluids all over the engine bay? is your coolant level getting lower? check your fluids if you have normal amount of coolant then he is fine. His car wont run very long on a bad HG so I still dont think it is that