2nd Generation This includes all Eclipses, and Talons built from 1995-1999

possable solutions for a bad turbo

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2007, 03:16 AM
Default possable solutions for a bad turbo

ok im driving a 95 talon tsi awd with an evo 3 16g but it has an enormous crack in it, i dont know how to put the pic i made on a webpage to upload it so i made an album on here called bad turbo ? so you can look at it, i circled the area that the crack is in. the crack is big, and im pretty sure its the cause of my boosting problems, that being that it wont push past 5 lbs : ( so what do you all think i should do, just have it welded up? cuz i heard that would make it not work right, or buy a new turbo, and if i do need to buy a new turbo what do you suggest, im thinkin a turbo that spools around 2500 rpm or so and pushes somewhere around 20lbs cuz thatll be the max id ever take my car to, if there is a turbo like that out ther let me know, otherwise gimme ur suggestion on what to get/do.
thanks
[align=left] [/align]

Old 10-12-2007, 07:58 AM
Super Moderator
Default RE: possable solutions for a bad turbo

sounds to me like your best bet is to just replace the E316g. I think youll be happy with it when its working

Old 10-12-2007, 09:26 AM

agreed, there isn't much you can do about that. you can weld it back shut but you are still not going to get the full potential out of it. do you have suporting mods for it?

Old 10-12-2007, 09:40 AM

new e316g ftw... its a great upgrade turbo when its workin , spools up fast with the 4g63, and like rcj asked, what are your supporting mods?

Old 10-12-2007, 01:14 PM

walbro 255 fuel pump, way bigger fuel line, high flow fuel rail, 550 injectors, 3.5" full exhaust w/no cat or resignator lol its loud as ****, 1g bov recirculated, turbo xs boost controller ive got one or two more things done to it but cant remember right now, need to write them all down sometime so i stop forgetting. also i got another question, almost every one of my o2 sensors are bad, is that something i have to get fixxed right away ? cuz im kinda low on cash right now and i know they arent cheap
[align=left] [/align]

Old 10-12-2007, 01:21 PM

no, you don't have to get them replaced right away but until you do your car will run crappy. do you have a Wideband? if not that would definatly be my next purchase along with some kind of tuning device and a boost gauge... you may be killing your motor right now and you don't even know it...

Old 10-12-2007, 01:44 PM
Super Moderator

Are you on the stock Intercooler. If you have a FMIC then these are the only other things i would suggest which basically is what RCJ was saying

-SAFC II
-Wideband O2 Guage.
-Replace those O2 sensors because it will mess the way your car runs.
-Replace the E316G with a new one. You can usually find them used in decent condition for a very good price.

With these couple of things and a good tune you should be able to pull 12 sec 1/4 miles with that car easily

Old 10-12-2007, 01:53 PM

ya i think the motor is about to die actually, its got 135k miles and i can hear it start ticking when i start it but it doesnt matter too much cuz when i get the car paid off which will be within this month im gonna take out a loan and buy a 6 bolt 2.3L crate engine prolly somthing like this
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/4G63-...spagenameZWDVW
and i know how you all feel about ebay so dont brake my ***** here lol but my friend baught one from this company and it ran at a low 12 at the track w/all his extra mods and thats about what im aiming for.
and i do have a boost gauge, no wideband though, actually not even sure what that is exactly
[align=left] [/align]

Old 10-12-2007, 02:04 PM

a wideband reads the air fuel mixture an dgives you an exact number read out. if you are not tuned you could possibly be either losing a lot of performance and killing your gas mileage by running rich w/ your 550s or you could be killing your motor by being to lean.... if this motor is about to take a crap and you don't really care about it than i wouldn't worry about it but if you are planning on getting a race or crate motor than it's definatly a necessity along w/ tuning device.

Old 10-14-2007, 02:37 AM

that ticking noisemaybe normal lifter ticks

Quick Reply: possable solutions for a bad turbo