2nd Generation This includes all Eclipses, and Talons built from 1995-1999

power lost

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2006, 08:05 AM
Default power lost

hi there, i jus have a couple of questions about my 98 spyder.
well first, i added new intake pipin to it and i feel that it has slowed down quite abit.
and second, iono if this happens everyone, but when in first and i go to 4000-5000 rpms
the whole front shakes. (i mean really shakes, like a giant vibartor). iono if its the intake i put in or not.
i would try to put my stock one back on but it got kinda fuked up when i took it out.

well if ya'll can answer some of my questions that be awesome
thanks
Brandon

Old 01-23-2006, 10:04 AM
Default RE: power lost

Did u dissconnect any vac lnes and not hook them back u or just plug them off by chance? what about noise dose it make any wird noise? dose it shake if you park the car and rev to 4000-5000rpm?

Old 01-23-2006, 09:43 PM

recheck all your connections vac and any electrical and shackes like the engin is chuggin or like the mounts are goin bad?

Old 01-23-2006, 10:59 PM

ORIGINAL: Lil red

recheck all your connections vac and any electrical and shackes like the engin is chuggin or like the mounts are goin bad?
where is the filter? make sure the MAF isnt bacwards not sure if backwards will do anything or not but its an idea. no intake should do that to a car.

Old 01-24-2006, 05:53 AM

sry but im kinda car illiterate. but i have check all the plugs and mounts that it seem that them all are in place. see when i try to floor it, the front jus starts to shake like crazy. i dont tink it make a noise or maybe i jus cant hear it. hmmm kinda stumped....well i kinda had another prob iono if its connected with it... but when i got to 3-4000 and i shift to nuetral i die out. that didnt happen b4 so im also assuming that it might be the intake as well.

well anyways thanks in advance
brandon

Old 01-24-2006, 10:12 AM

did you remove any black rectangular boxed from the stock intake? Also when saying it dies sounds like a vac issue get some soap/water in a bottle and spray all the vac lines you moved or unplued while installing and see if there may be a leak. as for teh shaking that dose not sound like somthing a intake would do sounds link a cvjoint. try reving the motor from the throttle body where the gas petal cable hooks to it and see if it shakes or dies out also look for weird movement and weird sounds.

Old 01-24-2006, 11:45 AM

ORIGINAL: get435

did you remove any black rectangular boxed from the stock intake? Also when saying it dies sounds like a vac issue get some soap/water in a bottle and spray all the vac lines you moved or unplued while installing and see if there may be a leak. as for teh shaking that dose not sound like somthing a intake would do sounds link a cvjoint. try reving the motor from the throttle body where the gas petal cable hooks to it and see if it shakes or dies out also look for weird movement and weird sounds.
with the MAF not connected the car wont run so that cant be the problem

Old 01-24-2006, 11:58 AM

but if he removed it it may have been re-installed wrong.

Old 01-24-2006, 02:43 PM

ORIGINAL: get435

but if he removed it it may have been re-installed wrong.
like I said in a proir post make sure it isnt backward that is the only way it could be wrong.

Old 01-24-2006, 03:39 PM
Banned

Well first off, dont listen to Get435 about sparying soapy water, thats just idiotic. If you want to check for any vaccum leaks(which it doesnt sound like it is) you take carb cleaner or starter fluid and spray hoses/intake exc. If there is a leak the idle will jump up. Also there is a arrow on the MAS Air that indicates the which way the air flows. SO you want the arrow pointing at the motor. Take some pictures for us and post them so we can get a better look.

Quick Reply: power lost