2nd Generation This includes all Eclipses, and Talons built from 1995-1999

Problem? Air? Oil? Exhaust?

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2006 | 09:30 PM
Default RE: Problem? Air? Oil? Exhaust?

DOUBLE POST! I FOUND THE ANSWER.... Thanks guys.

Old 11-14-2006 | 10:50 PM

Have you looked at it bro? It's just a tube that goes into the intake manifold. The only thing that you may encounter is oil and it should only be a tiny amount. There is nothing else to remove, no fluid to lose, or anything like that.

Old 11-14-2006 | 11:28 PM

like he said, change your pcv valve. The valve keeps positive pressure from the intake (boost ) entering the valve cover ; acting as a check valve, and on to the suction side of your turbo thru the little hose coming from the valve cover on the left side of the valve cover. When your not boosting ( vacuum ) the pressure in the engine from blow-by escapes thru the PCV ( POSITIVE CRANKCASE VALVE PRESSURE RELIEF ) to the intake so pressue does not build up in the block . I hope this helps

Old 11-14-2006 | 11:34 PM
Super Moderator

All right I skimmed through this and I'm going to give my $0.02 based on the knowledge from my Conquest. The oil in the IC piping points to one thing and 1 thing only. Turbo seals going south. The fact that it's taking longer to spool sends MORE flags up in that area. Check your shaft play NOW and catch it before it gets worse. Take the piping off the turbo (airways not oil or water) and grab your shaft with your fingers. Wiggle up and down and in and out. Guage how far you move it and post here.

Old 11-14-2006 | 11:51 PM

I re-read your post and from what i can figure is that maybe the BOV could of been plugged with oil coming from your previous turbo or bad pcv and let loose and maybe now its not sealing properly.

Old 11-15-2006 | 12:44 AM

Hey Sanguinius, its a new turbo. I checked it out and it had no shaft play. I will check it again though. I cleaned the entire intercooler piping. So, all i have left to do is the PCV and change my cat, according to some guys. Its alright though because my Megan downpipe got here today along with the o2 housing, and I bought the PCV valve yesterday. So I will do all this and see what happens.

But Sanguinius, do you seriously think it might be shaft play? I had this turbo in for about a month and a half. When I cleaned out the intercooler piping and even the intake piping i looked at the turbo, stuck my fingers in and spun it and it spun freely. I didnt try to wiggle it up and down. I guess i gotta check that out.

Old 11-15-2006 | 10:26 AM
Super Moderator

i think sang should have skimmed a bit more because from what i have been reading and seeing as your problems, i dont think its the turbo. I believe like silvercoupe has been saying that you need either a breather or a filter for the oil and then you need to replace the PCV valve and it should definetly help it.

Old 11-15-2006 | 10:37 AM

just because its new doesnt mean its good,i go through this alot for some reason with new bad parts. i tore apart this overcooked trashed engine, the turbo really doesnt have any play in the shaft, but as i was running the oil pump oil started dripping out of the turbo from inside , the intercooler was full to the top, there was oil all up through the hoses, intake and BOV, ... just my experience
check the turbo pull the pressure side hose off, start it up and see if oil flys out after running it for a while, just dont stick your finger in it

Old 11-15-2006 | 10:39 AM

ORIGINAL: racerx55

just because its new doesnt mean its good,i go through this alot for some reason with new bad parts. i tore apart this overcooked trashed engine, the turbo really doesnt have any play in the shaft, but as i was running the oil pump oil started dripping out of the turbo from inside , the intercooler was full to the top, there was oil all up through the hoses, intake and BOV, ... just my experience
check the turbo pull the pressure side hose off, start it up and see if oil flys out after running it for a while, just dont stick your finger in it
Talk about FOD, lol.

Old 11-15-2006 | 10:43 AM

Alrighty, I am going for that fuel filter then. I already have the PCV valve too. I might just go to home depot and get it...

By the way silvercoupe97, do you have that filter connected to the intake pipe? So, let me get one thing straight. When I put that filter on, I will obviously check it every once in awhile. But if oil stays in there, i eventually have to take it off and pour it out, right?

Quick Reply: Problem? Air? Oil? Exhaust?